Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been getting mine every month! Kind of a bummer that everyone else has been having problems with the site Frown

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Has anyone had ANY luck getting stickers in the last couple of months?

I'm wondering if they simply grew too quickly. It's too bad because it was a lot of fun getting the monthly mail.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting any stickers. I haven't received any since September. Not worth the amount of the time it takes to log in at the correct time to not get any stickers.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's an international thing. Very disappointed as I REALLY was hoping for some Muppets stickers way back when.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
I've been getting mine every month! Kind of a bummer that everyone else has been having problems with the site Frown

I keep getting mine every month with no problem. But - has anyone enoticed the price these are going for on that auction site!!! How can anyone ask that for what was a "free" sticker?!?

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:

I keep getting mine every month with no problem. But - has anyone enoticed the price these are going for on that auction site!!! How can anyone ask that for what was a "free" sticker?!?

I had no idea people were selling them there? Now I'm going to have to look.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I had checked a while back on eBay and didn't see anyone selling any of the stickers back then but I guess the fanbase must be picking up. I am still searching for the Supernatural James Marsters/Charisma Carpenter sticker and the Bangles on Good Morning America sticker. Any Charisma stickers would rock of course. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

While no money is changing hands, GetGlue is making money off their users in the form of data collection and advertising revenue.

I'm actually more shocked that people are paying close to $100 for a sticker.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I stopped checking in weeks ago and have never received any of the other batches I sent out for. I now just look at the site for comments on movies/tv shows rather than for the stickers as I think they are no longer sending International and just haven't said anything.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I had checked a while back on eBay and didn't see anyone selling any of the stickers back then but I guess the fanbase must be picking up. I am still searching for the Supernatural James Marsters/Charisma Carpenter sticker and the Bangles on Good Morning America sticker. Any Charisma stickers would rock of course. Smile

Val

I think that my next batch should have the James/Charisma Supernatural sticker in it.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome- thanks Laura Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the nicest surprises this weekend at the Philly Show was when Laura pulled me aside and gave me the GetGlue James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter Supernatural sticker. I totally appreciate it and as I said to you at the show, it'll fit in nicely with my Charisma Carpenter collection Smile

Thanks again Laura!

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Ha, I forgot all about this site Smile Still never received my second batch, glad I abandoned the site.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
One of the nicest surprises this weekend at the Philly Show was when Laura pulled me aside and gave me the GetGlue James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter Supernatural sticker. I totally appreciate it and as I said to you at the show, it'll fit in nicely with my Charisma Carpenter collection Smile

Thanks again Laura!

Val

You're welcome.

This last batch took much longer than the others to arrive. I'm guessing that's because I almost never use the site anymore.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody still taking the time to "check in" for stickers. I'm amazed at how fast some of the more recent stickers are showing up on ebay.

I'm still getting stickers from when I "checked in" back in November...

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
I do. Or did alot when the TV season was winding down in May. There's still movies coming out with stickers to be had.
Kinda slow right now. There of course are "tricks" to getting the stickers. A good place to learn all about it and find out about new stickers is here:
GetGlueStickers.com

quote:
Anybody still taking the time to "check in" for stickers. I'm amazed at how fast some of the more recent stickers are showing up on ebay.

I'm still getting stickers from when I "checked in" back in November...

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I gave up because I don't receive any of the stickers I place orders for, not since September of last year.
If they don't want to send internationally, why don't they just say so, instead of frustrating everyone who isn't receiving them.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I think the site got too big and they weren't able to fill the orders from people. So instead of actually saying something, they've just ignored people who never received their batches. A very strange website indeed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now I get to choose which stickers I want to be sent to me. YEAH!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I get to choose which stickers I want to be sent to me. YEAH!!!

Now that's an option that could get me using the site again. I read they acknowledged they were going to start shipping internationally again, despite never responding anyone who asked if they stopped. I didn't want to give out my personal info for nothing so I left.

I actually don't mind paying for stickers either.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I got three batches on the same day. I was ready to give it up. I am only doing the suburgatory and walking dead stickers.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post