Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've joined up (username LInglis). Aside from linking to my Facebook or Twitter accounts, how do I find everyone?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I've joined up (username LInglis). Aside from linking to my Facebook or Twitter accounts, how do I find everyone?

Laura~

I just friended you. I think the easiest way to find others is to look through my list and friends and friend some of them. I only have about a dozen friends on GetGlue -- mainly everyone here who has participated in this thread.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Laura and Toser I just added you guys...anyone that wants to add me I will follow as well. Name is the same.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
I'm joining the site. Now I have to look for 10 people to follow. I hope no one minds that I stalk them. lol.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to be followed! You can find me through Harris, Kraven_Juelle.
I hope you don't mind being stalked too. There is absolutely no privacy, everyone knows everything you do Big Grin
Off to find the newbies now Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey Geoff!
I think I found you, do have the initial C in your name?
Well, I'm following him, I hope it's you Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
There is a new Glee sticker for the premiere.
http://getglue.com/tv_shows/glee

Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
I joined a couple of days ago after reading Ryan's article in NSU, and if you guys don't mind I'll start following you, and you can start following me as well - user name Marteen. Glad Ryan wrote that article, I had been getting messages on FB through some fan pages and was wondering what it was all about! See you all on GetGlue!

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I got my latest batch of stickers today and was reminded why I need to not go all gung-ho for everything. I got a whole lot of Pretty Little Liars stickers and not much else. The only one that really interested me was an Avatar (movie) one but even that one's just a jelly fish-looking thing.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So we don't get all the stickers we unlock? that's terrible to hear, so on a sheet of twenty stickers they don't give you twenty of the ones you have earned?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
They are all ones you've unlocked. I just go all gung-ho and unlock everything, whether it's a sticker I REALLY want or not. I'm hoping with the print-on-demand technology they use for the stickers now that we'll be able to order the stickers we want at some point.

Or, if they want revenue, I'd be willing to pay a little bit to get all my stickers.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's good to know Smile
Yes I sort of went crazy too with my stickers, collecting everything I saw everyone else unlocking. I'm up to 177 stickers and less than a week in Eek I don't know how I am going to catch up Twak Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I ordered my first 20 stickers the same day I signed up Smile Now I've set up three accounts, with one just for shows that I really want to collect and that one will mainly be used with my phone during live air episodes in the US.

I did read that they do sometimes skip stickers and that you may not receive them in order. So I guess the lower amount of stickers you unlock, the more chance you will get all of them.

It would be good if they could speed up the process of delivery of the stickers so that you actually receive the first batch before you've ordered the next, 1 month later.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is pretty addictive, although the check-in thing is a bit annoying at times (do they really think I'm watching the show if I'm hitting a button on my computer/phone every minute just to get a sticker?). I've already asked for my 1st 20 stickers to be shipped. Next batch will probably be closer to 100+. I've managed to snag a bunch of stickers just by seeing what everyone else has earned.
Looks like there's a new Doctor Who sticker so I'm hoping to get that.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is pretty addictive, although the check-in thing is a bit annoying at times (do they really think I'm watching the show if I'm hitting a button on my computer/phone every minute just to get a sticker?). I've already asked for my 1st 20 stickers to be shipped. Next batch will probably be closer to 100+. I've managed to snag a bunch of stickers just by seeing what everyone else has earned.
Looks like there's a new Doctor Who sticker so I'm hoping to get that.

They used to make you wait a couple of minutes (about 10) in between check-ins for just that reason, but I guess that they have disabled that feature.

Awesome on getting to send for your stickers! Just remember that you only get 20 at a time (so 20 per month), and that the more stickers you have, the less probability you will get a specific one that you might want- which is another reason to check in to the things you like, not to just check in for random stickers!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
do they really think I'm watching the show if I'm hitting a button on my computer/phone every minute just to get a sticker?

I was thinking the same thing. The other night, I checked in to every show that was premiering at that specific time -- something like 5 or 6 shows. Obviously, I'm not watching them all.

I've decided not to go too crazy with it. I'm mainly going to only check into those shows that I watch or at least, am interested in. The problem is that I don't watch anything live so I really have to remember to try and look at schedules. Watching what other people are checking in to helps too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm certainly not watching as I'm in Australia and at work when these shows are airingSmile

I'm just trying to check in to shows I watch as well, and the android app is really simple and easy to use. Only problem is, you keep getting extra stickers that you don't really plan for. For instance I've checked into 3 shows for their premieres and have received a sticker for each, but also all these extra ones that I don't want like Fall TV, Android, Boot camp and check in on your mobile. It certainly doesn't take you long to get 20 stickers even when you're not even trying.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
It really is addictive! After reading some of your posts and finally realizing that you only get 20 stickers at a time (thanks Riddler!), I started slowing down on the check-ins and only check into the shows I'm really into. Just submitted my address to get my first 20 stickers, now I have to wait 'til 10/28 to submit for my next batch! And I bet you the ones I really want will be in that second batch...

Would it be alright to start a trading thread for the stickers on CT? I know they're not trading cards, so I'd rather ask. What do you think?

Glad to be back here, and impatiently awaiting the next Dexter release, as well as Big Bang Theory.

Later Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes I've also slowed right down on what I check into too. I have one account that I just check into lots of stuff I see others checking into and other accounts for specific shows, as I would like to have some of the stickers I really want before next year Big Grin

Those Big Bang Theory stickers which are so awesome BTW, are a pain in the butt!! Anyone else trying to get them all? On my main account I've got Penny, Howard and Raj, but they will be months and months away if I get them all anyway. I'm going for the 'Mystic Warlords' sticker which needs 150 check-ins Eek

So I'm going for them on both my accounts Twak and hopefully I'll have doubles to swap with, hopefully Smile

And it's a great idea to start a trading thread for them Martine.
Will you let us Harris? Pretty Please Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
It must be lazy old me, but I found this site to be a real hassle and not worth my time and effort. Very hard to navigate and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I bailed out.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post