Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ebay Feedback
 Login/Join
 
Member
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
What I´d like to see on ebay is something like a button "item arrived" for buyers to leave for sellers when the item has arrived, it would be a confirmation for the seller and ebay, then I wouldn´t have to worry about items sent without tracking.

I also wonder if it is enough proof for ebay when You send something with tracking (USPS-item has been delivered) if someone claims item hasn´t arrived and they demand $$$ back?
 
Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
OK, so I just want to clarify what I was saying. I have actually had sellers reach out to me and make threats that unless I leave 5 star feedback across the board for them, they will specifically leave negative feedback for me. One actually told me what they would say, and it was not pleasant in any way. It was reported to eBay...

I read feedback for sellers, but mainly to guage if the seller makes an effort. You can't make everyone happy. Some people are just crummy customers - always looking for something for nothing. It's unavoidable.

Once a buyer has left feedback, postive or negative, the seller should no longer be able to leave feedback for them. They should be able to petition eBay to have it removed if the rest of their feedback is in direct conflict with one or two customers, though. It's only fair.

Again, just my opinion.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
OK, so I just want to clarify what I was saying. I have actually had sellers reach out to me and make threats that unless I leave 5 star feedback across the board for them, they will specifically leave negative feedback for me. One actually told me what they would say, and it was not pleasant in any way. It was reported to eBay...
I take it this was quite a long time ago as Sellers have only been able to leave positive feedback for buyers since February 2008. They have been unable to leave negative or even neutral feedback for buyers since then.
 
Posts: 1336 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Why not step up and be first? It's a 'Thank you'. Why should I be the first to leave thanks when you've been paid to do a job (send the goods)?


OK, answer this then (based solely on your statement that I have "been paid to do a job (send the goods)"

Why do you (as the buyer) then not leave FB once the item has been marked shipped. I have "done the job you paid me to do (shipped the item)." So why wait until you actually get the item before leaving FB?
 
Posts: 640 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:

OK, answer this then (based solely on your statement that I have "been paid to do a job (send the goods)"

Why do you (as the buyer) then not leave FB once the item has been marked shipped. I have "done the job you paid me to do (shipped the item)." So why wait until you actually get the item before leaving FB?


First I would like to say that feedback "today" is meaningless. Since Sellers can't tell the truth about the buyers, ie, it took 10 days for the buyer to pay, I had to open a unpaid dispute before the buyer paid, the buyer hassled me about the cost of the item or even the shipping cost after the buyer won the item, my favorite was the buyer complained because the item was mailed yesterday, why didn't I receive it yet.

When sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback I as a seller always waited for the buyer to leave feedback first. Why, because the transaction is not over until the buyer has it in his hands . The buyer might not like the item or claim its damaged and he could leave negative feedback for the seller stating this, which is fine, But did the buyer talk to the seller first to see if the transaction can be fixed before the negative feedback was left. In my case(s)no.

Today I don't care at all. All buyers can leave negative feedback for the stupidest things and the seller can't do a thing about it. Or in my case I received my first Neutral in 10 years. Why did I get it, the buyer stated I should have offered more shipping options. AGAIN, did the buyer ask for more shipping options? Nope not at all.

I had a buyer email me she was trying to use the buy it now on my items but it wouldn't work. She stated "I have 100% positive feedback can I purchase your items?" Really, a buyer who only buys can only have a 100% feedback. She was blocked for some other reason which I don't know why: Ebay has put in a block buyers clause on the auction pages:
Block buyers who:

Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s)
Have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 9 who have a feedback score of 0 or lower.

If you meet one of those you can't bid on my stuff.
But, I unblocked her and she has bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff. All with no problems.

And today she still has 100% positive feedback.
 
Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Why not step up and be first? It's a 'Thank you'. Why should I be the first to leave thanks when you've been paid to do a job (send the goods)?


OK, answer this then (based solely on your statement that I have "been paid to do a job (send the goods)"

Why do you (as the buyer) then not leave FB once the item has been marked shipped. I have "done the job you paid me to do (shipped the item)." So why wait until you actually get the item before leaving FB?


Not all sellers mark that an item has been shipped. Looking at it another way, the seller has only clicked a key to say they've shipped. Unless there is a tracking number attached, there is only the word of the seller that an item is on it's way. The buyer can do nothing except pay. How would I be able to leave feedback for something I haven't recieved? The seller has recieved all that was expected - payment. When was the last time you left a gratuity before you had the service? I'm going out on a limb and say never.
 
Posts: 3756 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^I agree. The seller receives the goods, which is the payment. The buyer receives the goods, which is clicked shipped button. Fair enough? I don't think so. The buyer is always at the losing end. And as I have previously stated the feedback posted first by the seller is just saying thanks for the paying customer. Why is it hard to say thank you for the money someone paid to you? It's just a courtesy act IMO.
 
Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always leave feedback when I receive a purchase but lots of sellers don't bother to return the compliment.

When I'm selling, I usually leave feedback as soon as the buyer makes payment, it's just courtesy to do so for a customer.
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I wrote about this somewhere else but when it comes to feedback if you are the seller, you should leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for. The buyer met their responsibility of completing the contract. Once the item arrives and it has arrived as per the description in the listing, then the buyer should leave feedback. If there is an issue, the buyer should give the seller a chance to rectify the situation. I have been registered on eBay since 1997 and after over 1,000 purchase transactions (including the ones way back when you could deal by email contact) I have had only 3 bad experiences and I always leave the appropriate feedback whether it is bad or good. That is all. At that point the transaction is complete and you move on to the next one.
 
Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One observation with regard to a buyer having completed their part of the 'contract' by paying. If the buyer pays using cash, cleared cheque, postal order or bank transfer then that is pretty much the case. However, if they've used Paypal money then payment hasn't actually been received by the seller until 45 days have passed or the Seller has received electronic proof of delivery acceptable to Paypal T&Cs. Unless those requirements have been met, the buyer can reclaim the money at any time by filing an 'item not received' claim through Paypal. Without proof of delivery, Paypal will return the money to the buyer.

After 45 days, the buyer still has the option of getting a chargeback through his Credit Card Company if he used it to make the payment. As several people on this forum found out last year when a buyer submitted unauthorised payment chargebacks via his credit card company 60 days after the payment had been made through Paypal. Anyone who had not got electronic proof of delivery lost their money.

I'm afraid that saying you've paid for something with Paypal definitely is not the end of the transaction for buyers.
 
Posts: 1336 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I think the star ratings are what I hate the most.
If I sell an item on say 2/24 and have proof of shipment on 2/25 via a postal receipt and tracking label and the post office takes 7 days for whatever reason to deliver the item, the buyer still leaves ME the 2 stars for shipping time.
Even though I have proof I shipped 1 day as stated, buyers don't care it was the post offices fault for the ultimate delay and give me bad ratings.
This is why I NEVER leave feedback first.
If a buyer is going to leave bad ratings for things that are not MY fault, then I see no need to leave him/her feedback at all.
I think feedback- the way it is currently set up- should just be abolished.
It doesn't do a thing to tell how good or bad a buyer is and it is not, in my eyes, a true representation of how good a seller is- it has too many outside factors involved- how fast the post office is- how good the user knowledge is (errors with new buyers leaving incorrect ratings)- what kind of mood the user is in- etc.
 
Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Member
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
One observation with regard to a buyer having completed their part of the 'contract' by paying. If the buyer pays using cash, cleared cheque, postal order or bank transfer then that is pretty much the case. However, if they've used Paypal money then payment hasn't actually been received by the seller until 45 days have passed or the Seller has received electronic proof of delivery acceptable to Paypal T&Cs. Unless those requirements have been met, the buyer can reclaim the money at any time by filing an 'item not received' claim through Paypal. Without proof of delivery, Paypal will return the money to the buyer.

After 45 days, the buyer still has the option of getting a chargeback through his Credit Card Company if he used it to make the payment. As several people on this forum found out last year when a buyer submitted unauthorised payment chargebacks via his credit card company 60 days after the payment had been made through Paypal. Anyone who had not got electronic proof of delivery lost their money.

I'm afraid that saying you've paid for something with Paypal definitely is not the end of the transaction for buyers.


So if I as a seller sell a card on ebay then send it with tracking, when card arrives I get the message from USPS-item delivered, is that enough proof of delivery to ebay? Or do I need something even more to prove that the item has arrived to the buyer?
 
Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
So if I as a seller sell a card on ebay then send it with tracking, when card arrives I get the message from USPS-item delivered, is that enough proof of delivery to ebay? Or do I need something even more to prove that the item has arrived to the buyer?
I'd need to go back and double check but with Paypal it depends on the value of the item. Below a certain value, all they require is electronic, online proof of delivery. So if you can provide them with the tracking number and they can confirm delivery for themselves through the USPS site then you should be covered. However, above a certain value they require a signature as well. I've never needed to check for a signature on the USPS site, so I do not know what they offer or whether it is acceptable to Paypal.
 
Posts: 1336 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Kevin,
That may be your thoughts but under business law, no matter how I pay, the transaction is complete on the buyers end. The minute the buyer submits any form of payment, their part of the contract has been fulfilled. Once the money shows as paid, it is the responsibility of the seller to ship the item and leave feedback for the buyer. In all my years of buying on eBay, if I buy something and pay right away (I usually try to pay within 8 hours of the win) and the seller doesn't leave me feedback first, they will not receive any feedback from me. In my opinion, that is the fairest way to conduct a transaction. If I remember correctly, at one time it was in the eBay rules that the seller had to leave feedback first once payment was made. I am not sure if it is still the same.
 
Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Leaving feedback on eBay is and always has been voluntary. It has never been a requirement that either the buyer or seller leave feedback first or that either of them need to leave feedback at all. That has been the case since I first joined eBay back in 2000.
 
Posts: 1336 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Once the money shows as paid, it is the responsibility of the seller to ship the item and leave feedback for the buyer.
It may be the legal responsibility of the seller to ship the item, but there is no business law nor anything in the eBay terms and conditions that compels a seller to leave feedback for a buyer immediately after payment is received or even at a later date. It is and always has been purely voluntary. Some people don't seem to understand that aspect of the whole situation for some reason Shake Head
 
Posts: 1336 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Once you hit the $250 mark paypal requires some sort of signature confirmation. This can be done by requiring signature confirmation or by insuring the package for $200 or more (I believe it's still $200).

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
So if I as a seller sell a card on ebay then send it with tracking, when card arrives I get the message from USPS-item delivered, is that enough proof of delivery to ebay? Or do I need something even more to prove that the item has arrived to the buyer?
I'd need to go back and double check but with Paypal it depends on the value of the item. Below a certain value, all they require is electronic, online proof of delivery. So if you can provide them with the tracking number and they can confirm delivery for themselves through the USPS site then you should be covered. However, above a certain value they require a signature as well. I've never needed to check for a signature on the USPS site, so I do not know what they offer or whether it is acceptable to Paypal.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Kevin,
I'm not sure why, but it seems from your responses that you are taking this whole feedback thing personally. It is just a conversation about opinions and experiences. Are you a seller on eBay? If you are, I would think it would be good business to leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for. If you, or any seller for that matter is selling an item as described and ships it within a reasonable period of time, then why not leave feedback at that point? You have no reason to fear that the buyer will not leave the appropriate feedback. I think as a buyer we all worry sometimes regardless of the sellers feedback that a transaction might not go smooth. Once I have the item in hand, it is as described and arrived undamaged, then I will leave feedback as long as it has been left first. It is just the way I do it. It is not right or wrong, it is just the way I find works the best. Done.
 
Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If i was buying an item i would leave feedback when i had recieved the item and was happy with it.

If i was selling an item i would leave feedback when the buyer had recieved the item and left feedback that everything was ok.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28320 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I feel like the guy who walked into a bar full of football fans and asked who the best team was Smile .As he clambered out of the wreckage he decided to drink at home in future Big Grin .

On a serious note I was making the comment originally because I feel the feedback system is no longer doing the job it was originally designed to do.
 
Posts: 2469 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013