Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay Feedback
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I feel the feedback system is no longer doing the job it was originally designed to do.

well you got that right. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why you would have to leave feedback immediately. I generally leave feedback once every couple of weeks. I don't see any problem with that.

I can tell you it annoys me to no end when someone contacts me requesting that I leave feedback.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can tell you it annoys me to no end when someone contacts me requesting that I leave feedback.

Me too. . . that drives me insane. . . I had a dude bugging me to leave feedback once before the item even arrived!

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the right answer is. They took away the seller's right to leave negative because too many sellers were holding the buyer's feedback hostage. I can remember at least twice when I bought something, wasn't satisfied, and when I complained to the seller I was told basically "whatever feedback you leave for me I'll leave for you." It got to the point where I would never leave a negative for a seller in fear of getting one left for me. Especially when I, as the buyer, did absoultely nothing wrong. That made the feedback system a joke. Now I'm happier as a buyer because I don't have to fear retaliation if I'm not satisfied. But as a seller it's not fair that I can't leave a negative for buyers that don't pay (who seem to be running wild and unchecked on eBay lately). So I'm not sure what the proper way to do it is. Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody else notice a recent trend of sellers leaving positive feedback that when you read it is actually negative?

Yeah, some sellers found some non-payers in the road.

First of all leaving feedback isn't requirement. Courtesy isn't an obligation.

As buyer. For trading cards stuff I leave feedback when I receive it. For electronics I take some days before leaving feedback.

As seller. I found some buyers that are just gathering feedback and some "fellow" sellers that don't like to leave feedback to other sellers. So I leave feedback 1rst for some buyers not all. My requirement to leave 1rst a feedback is to check if they gave/have leaving recent feedback.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:

Courtesy isn't an obligation.

I am saddened to read this statement. In business or in any form of trading, this is an important trait. Its absence, for me, is similar to a lesser degree of rudeness. Go around your neighbor shops and notice that there are signages that say "Thank you. Come again." That's a physical manifestation of that courtesy.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post