Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Hi all, Wave

I'm debating starting to collect Buffy sets, I thought a good way to begin would be to go for collecting every Buffy promo card across all the sets including the 'decoys' (Season 6?) and CCGs if they had them? This is just Buffy & not crossing over into Angel sets (for now).

I'll be checking Jeff's checklist website but I'd like to hear from the experienced Buffy collectors:

Would a Buffy promo master set be possible?

Are there any very rare cards that are difficult to track down or would be expensive to find online?

Thanks for all your help - Have a nice day/evening/night depening on your time zone Surf

-TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any Buffy promo that you should not be able to get with a little bit of searching and some of those funny looking notes with the queen on.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
The price for Buffy promo's has dropped quite extensively as well over the last few years.

Interest in Buffy has decreased = more people trying to sell and less trying to buy.

Now would be a great time to start collecting!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I think 1 of the hardest to find would/will be the 1st SDCC NSU promo. I think it was season 6? Limited to 777 and fairly tough to come by these days.

But a fun set to chase & put together!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Jake i think it was season 5. The B5-2 embossed.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
I'm debating starting to collect Buffy sets, I thought a good way to begin would be to go for collecting every Buffy promo card across all the sets including the 'decoys' (Season 6?)
-TC00.

Can I ask what you mean by 'decoys'? do you mean the pack inserted promos that advertised Buffy and Angel?

I think the hardest ones to come by are the embossed NSU specials. Plus the Season 7 case incentive for UK dealers numbered to #300

When I first decided to collect all the Buffy sets I started with trying to get all the promos. First thing I did was check Jeff's list to see what Inkworks left off of theirs.
And I'm actually almost finished now Smile

I have all of Season One's, Two(including the DVD promo sets), and Three, Five
From Season Four I need WW2000, SD2000 & BM-1.
Season Six I need B6-2(non-foil) & NSU-SD(normal version as I have the embossed one, I actually have a spare embossed one too)
From Season Seven all I need is an embossed version of the NSU-SD, which I have yet to see one.
All that is needed for Big Bads is P3 & P-UK, WoS is the NSU-SD, WOS-GG & D-1.

If anyone can help me out with these, I'd be very grateful Big Grin

One more thing, are you going with just Inkworks promos? or will you be collecting all available Buffy promos including this set?

Talked about Here and Here on old cardtalk threads.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Can I ask what you mean by 'decoys'? do you mean the pack inserted promos that advertised Buffy and Angel?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback/info/suggestions.

Yes - those are the cards I mean. Think 'decoy' is a term more often associated with sports cards to try and battle the infamous 'cherry picking' of packs with hits/chase cards in.

I have the intention of collecting them all (haha sounds like Pokemon) regardless of manufacturer & hopefully/eventually 'scarcity' of certain cards/promo sets.

At the moment I'm planning to 'play it safe' and begin collecting Buffy promos as follows:

Inkworks promos.
Ikon promos.
CCG promos (Not sure who manufactured those?)
Rare Promo Sets (Various manufacturers?)
Misillaneous rare single promos (Not made by any of the above).

Thank you for telling me all about those promos and I checked out the links too - very useful! Would honestly have had no idea about them if you hadn't posted.

Good luck with collecting the rest of your set Thumb Up

Thanks for the info everyone - Feel free if you have any more Big Grin

Ps. Didn't mean to write that much Twak

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The Buffy CCG promos are from a company called Score. Some of those promos are hard to come by though.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The Buffy Pals toy promos are difficult to come by too. I know anytime I get them they leave at the next big show.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
The Buffy Pals toy promos are difficult to come by too. I know anytime I get them they leave at the next big show.

Ed

I have every single one of those cards except for one, which is the PALZ-8 that has the evil clown on the front. I forgot about those and they are also Inkworks cards Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Then there are the set of 28 Johnny Lightning cards which came with the Buffy die cast cars.
Not sure if they are Inkworks or not as I don't have any of them yet.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then there are the set of 28 Johnny Lightning cards which came with the Buffy die cast cars.

Inkworks made the James Bond Johnny Lightning cards so I expect they made the Buffy ones too.

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:

Inkworks made the James Bond Johnny Lightning cards so I expect they made the Buffy ones too.

I did not know that, now I definitely have to get them.
Thanks John for the info Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Inkworks made the Johnny Lightning cards. I think I have all of them. Must count them one of these days.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
The main reason I haven't started collecting the Johnny Lightning promos yet is I don't see them listed very often without the car, postage is just waaaaaay to much if I have to ship 28 different cars to Australia separately. Eek Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would echo what Ed said above. The ones that came with the Palz action figures several years back may be tough to find now, especially the one exclusive to the lunchbox.

Also, what about the 2 promo packs that Inkworks did that were inserted in the Suncoast DVDs ? Are those tough to find now ? I picked them up when they first came out in the 1990s, and haven't looked for them since, so I would not know if they are scarce now.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, what about the 3 that Inkworks did for the Buffy Chaos Bleeds video game ? I think they were VE-1 to 3, or something with a V.

VERY tough to find, in my opinion ! They only came 1 per box in specially marked video games--NOT every game. And you couldn't tell WHICH card was in which box. Frown

It took me many years to find those on ebay!

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
David you're thinking of the VU1-VU3 I think.
VU-1 had Buffy on it, VU-2 Willow and VU-3 Spike. They looked like images from season six, so I've put my set with those promos. I just did a search and currently all three are available on the bay.

The DVD sets come up on the bay all the time so I don't think they will be too hard to find these days.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Jake i think it was season 5. The B5-2 embossed.

You're right Wolfie! Season 5 was the 1st I was referring to

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Oh great, now I have to search through all my binders to see if I have all these! JUST when you think you are done with Buffy, they pull you back in!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post