Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Promos
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Oh great, now I have to search through all my binders to see if I have all these! JUST when you think you are done with Buffy, they pull you back in!

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I, myself, do not have the 28 Buffy Johnny Lightning cards. Nor do I have the 50 or so James Bond Johnny Lightning cards that Inkworks also did.

I see on an auction site right now the set of the 28 Buffy cards for $ 255. Perhaps that is the way to go...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I, myself, do not have the 28 Buffy Johnny Lightning cards. Nor do I have the 50 or so James Bond Johnny Lightning cards that Inkworks also did.

I see on an auction site right now the set of the 28 Buffy cards for $ 255. Perhaps that is the way to go...

David

I am sorry to correct you but the Johnny Lightning James Bond cards number 80 in total. I believe the remaining 30 came to light after Inkworks folded. Incidentially there are also 50 James Bond Corgi cards similar to the Johnny Lightning cards which clearly show Inkworks as the manufacturer.

regards

john

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, no offense taken. As I do not have any of the Johnny Lightnings at all, Buffy or Bond, and have never pursued them, I didn't know how many there were !

So are the remaining 30 Bond cards tough to find ? I take it that these were more unreleased Inkworks cards that never made it out to the public, officially ? I guess sets of all 80, as well as the Corgi cards, don't really show up ?

Also, didn't someone else do KISS (the rock band) cards that were inserted in toy cars, a few years back ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
John, no offense taken. As I do not have any of the Johnny Lightnings at all, Buffy or Bond, and have never pursued them, I didn't know how many there were !

So are the remaining 30 Bond cards tough to find ? I take it that these were more unreleased Inkworks cards that never made it out to the public, officially ? I guess sets of all 80, as well as the Corgi cards, don't really show up ?

Also, didn't someone else do KISS (the rock band) cards that were inserted in toy cars, a few years back ?

The UK outlet that purchased most of the Inkworks stock sans autographs still has most of them priced at $3 per card. They may be open to offers on larger purchases but I don't khow for sure. If you search on the usual website spell "Lightning" as "lightening" otherwise you won't find that easily.

According to PCE Praying Mantis produced the Johnny Lighning cards.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Well, I thought I had all of them, but I only have 19 different ones. I have 13 more, but they are all duplicates:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
This is brilliant! Thanks to everyone who's been so informative.

Cereal manufacturers Kellogs make Sugar Puffs in the UK and in the early 2000s circa 2001? They made 'flip' quiz/game cards feat. season 5 or 6 characters - Riley and Giles being the most common cards.

I think these in mint condition are very hard to come by now - I remember as a kid (I'd only just started collection cards & it was Charmed) I sure didn't keep mine in any useful condition.

Would people class these as 'promos'?

I can try and find/upload a photo so people know what I'm taking about Smile

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
The were called 'Morphers' (Because of the 'flip' action) released in 2001 with promotion boxes of 'Sugar Puffs' cereal by Kellogs. There were 6 in a set [Update: Did more research & looks like there were 8 different 'cards' in a set]. Buffy's photo was on the one side & another character on the other side. I know for definite these characters featured on their own 'Morpher':

- Giles.
- Spike.
- Riley.

Reckon the others were:

- Buffy.
- Willow.
- Anya?
- Xander?

Doubt Angel or Cordelia as this was around season 5 or 6??

Here's a photo I found on the internet:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAx...PSo0Ee!ng~~60_12.JPG

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q...z1Xbctd5dtIo8XLLO60z

What does everyone think? Would you add these to an 'Complete Buffy Promo Collection' List.

Ps. Hope these people don't me using their photos as representation. They get full credit.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It is a promo if it is promoting something.

If it is a card that is given free when you make a purchase then it is a premium.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am a buffy freak and you always think you have all and then sideshow collectibles pulls you in but thats statues, cardwise dont forget all the press plates, hard to find pieceworks its a blast have fun Clap

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh and dont forget the binders especially the season 1 binder, wow Shake Head

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post