Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Un-cut 1995 Marvel Masterpieces Emotion Paralell sheet, Fleer. NEED INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Un-cut 1995 Marvel Masterpieces Emotion Paralell sheet, Fleer. NEED INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of kkthxbai
posted
http://s1253.photobucket.com/a...ces%201995%20un-cut/

Hey guys,

I picked this up from the States today, It took 2 months to get to Australia, a new beloved piece to my marvel collection.

Although.. I am really unsure of it's exact value, one corner has a tiny tiny tear, and the cards seem immaculate.

Can anybody tell me what it is worth exactly ?

Pictures are all above.

Plus any advice in framing, or insuring the piece. Is it safe to clean it ?

I love it soOOO MUCH!!

THanks for reading my message, I hope to get some responses from anybody on NSU =D

REgards, Drew.

Posts: 7 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Very nice get. Un-cut sheets are so difficult to value. In sports they are usually worth less than the cards on them due to the cost of cutting the sheets into the cards. I would think it has to be worth in the $250 range but I just don't know for sure.

I have a few sports uncut sheets of cards framed and hanging on my wall. I had it framed with non-glare UV glass. Last thing you want is for it to fade over time. You want to buy a poster frame (they are cheap and plastic, ready made for like $20) and give it to the frame person to use as the backing. That way you can always see the back of the sheet without having to take it out of the frame. Not sure if you have a craft/frame store like Michaels or AC Moore like we do in the states but that is where I had mine framed.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I tried looking it up in the Encyclopedia of Non-Sport and Entertainment Cards for you
- but was not listed

it is an odd one, as most uncut sheets are few and far between
- as are the people that collect them Smile

its worth what you paid for it

if you have the room
I would have it framed and hung on a wall

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very cool item! I can see that it is 100 cards, but 50 of the same cards twice. Your sheet has the Spider-Man card from the set on it, which would definitely help its value

Since Marvel Masterpieces 1995 was a 151 card set, it means there are 3 different sheets, of the E-motion cards, at least, from which the set was cut. (perhaps the regular cards had a different orientation when printed).

If you were able to get the other two E-motion sheet, you would actually have 2 complete sets of the E-Motion cards, since there are two of each per sheet.

(I'm not sure if there is a parallel checklist for the E-Motion set, but if so, it was either printed on its own sheet or it replaces one regular card on one of the other two sheets. The same would be true for the regular cards, I suppose, but with those, I don't remember either the checklist or any certain card being harder to find than any others, so most likely the checklist was on its own sheet, otherwise a short print would have been created.).

Whatever the case, MM95 is one of the best (and most collected) of all Marvel sets. An uncut sheet of any of the cards from it is a truly excellent collectible, particularly when its comprised of the more scarce parallel cards like you have here. Congrats on the great pickup and thanks for the pictures.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of kkthxbai
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses guys, it's all very, very appreciated.

It makes sense what chesspieceface is saying, and I do aim to get the other 2 sheets. Although I think the chance of that happening is extremely slim..

I asked a big marvel supplier what he thought it was worth, he said that back in the day, the price of Un-cut sheets we're double the price of the actually cards. So persay, if emotion paralells are worth $3.50 each, and you have 100 of them on this piece. It would cost near $750. Plus the edge and corner wear is a big determinant also.

This could be a basic inferrence for other un-cut panels if anyone ever comes across some in the future.

I personally believe the piece is worth more due to it's scarcity, age, and my subjective stance towards the item. But I am no expert, I just know I spent nearly a year searching, and only to find 1 of these online.

I really gotta get into NSU more.. I love being able to speak to other enthusiasts.
You bloke's are great !

Cheers, From Australia

Drew.

Posts: 7 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's another problem with a lot of uncut sheets ... they may not have been offered directly for sale, but were spirited out of the factory or were leftovers found in a closet. The reported uncut holoflash sheet from this set may be another example. It could be that the "other two" uncut sheets haven't existed since the printing.

It's kind of a shame that these sheets are a shape and size that doesn't fit into the card boxes and binders, and they aren't followed by most collectors. You want to frame them nicely and hang them up. I often get questions about what such things are worth, from people who want to sell one, and I say that the best "market" might be a business that deals with the subject matter.

And yes, UltraPro does make plastic sleeves big enough to hold them. Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Could you imagine if there is an uncut sheet of Mirage cards out there Eek

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post