Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    twin Peaks Star Pics Autos?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

twin Peaks Star Pics Autos?
 Login/Join

posted
Does any kind Card Talk member have a full list of auto cards from Star Pics Twin Peaks 1991 set? I've looked around but can't find one. Any help/info would be great, thanks Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Great question, I have wondered that myself over the years. I know I have about 5 or 6 different ones which has always made me wonder how many I was missing.

Thanks-
Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I used to have a list but i don't think i have it now but i can tell you there are a lot more than 5 or 6.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Jon will be along in a moment to answer this. He had several of these over the years, or at least images of them on his website.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is an old list I have. . .

Actor Role
Al Strobel One Armed Man
Angelo Badalamenti
Austin Lynch
Carel Struycken The Giant
Catherine Coulson The Log Lady
Dana Ashbrook Bobby Briggs
David Kelly Jerry Horne
Don Davis Major Briggs
Eric DeRe Leo Johnson
Everett McGill Ed Hurley
Frank Silva Killer Bob
Grace Zabriskie Sarah Palmer
Harry Goaz Deputy Brennan
Harry Goaz Deputy Brennan (Signed Deputy Andy)
Ian Buchanan Richard Tremayne
Jack Nance Pete Martell
James Marshall James Hurley
Jennifer Lynch
Julee Cruise Julee
Kimmy Robertson Lucy Moran
Lara Flynn Boyle Donna Hayward
Madchen Amick Shelly Johnson
Mark Frost
Michael Horse Deputy Hawk
Michael Ontkean Harry S. Truman
Miguel Ferrer Agent Rosenfield
Piper Laurie Catherine Martell
Ray Wise Leland Palmer
Richard Beymer Ben Horne
Russ Tamblyn Dr. Jacoby
Sherilyn Fenn Audrey Horne
Sheryl Lee Madeleine Ferguson
Warren Frost Dr. Hayward
Wendy Robie Nadine Hurley

I'm not sure if it's complete, but I know all of those exist.

Jon

Posts: 5410 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Jon Smile

Wow, that's quite a list... Might take a while Big Grin

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's a really good list. Have any of those people ever signed for another set?

Lara Flynn Boyle did.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Don Davis Signed for Stargate
Ian Buchanan signed for Stargate
Miguel Ferrer signed for Star Trek Movies
Carel Struycken signed for Star Trek TNG.

Thats all I recognize...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
Don Davis for Stargate SG-1.

Ian Buchanan for Stargate SG-1.

Miguel Ferrer for Complete Star Trek Movie cards.

Carel Struycken for Quotable Star Trek: TNG, maybe more?

Ray Wise for 24.

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You know there are at least a dozen signers on that list that I would like to have, but I've never been able to come across any of these cards. Occasionally I see a a couple of them pop up on eBay will BINs way outside my price range, even for non-stars.

Yet in NSU most of the autographs are priced at $25, with the stars at $50 - $100.

So have I been looking in the wrong places? Is there a supply selling somewhere at guide?

If there is I certainly havn't come across them.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It's a really good list. Have any of those people ever signed for another set?

Lara Flynn Boyle did.

Lara signed for the "Men In Black II" set but that may have been by redemption, so I don't know if the card would still be available from Inkworks were you to find the redemption card in a box now.

Also, creator David Lynch signed again for the postcard set that was issued in the first pressings of the TWIN PEAKS GOLD BOX DVD, released in 2007, although again very limited, I believe about 50 or so, if that many.

I've heard that original the Star Pics signing took place at party for the whole cast, possibly a "wrap" party at the end of filming, so that's most likely how a smaller company was able to get autographs from so many actors in a cast YEARS before that became the norm in the hobby.

Finally, there is a "buyer beware" if going for an Auto since there were 2 kinds of factory sets and one of them didn't feature autograph cards. Only the ones marked "limited edition" had the autographs. They have a serial number inside the box lid, whereas the unlimited editions don't have the number inside the lid.

As for my own experience, I opened at least 30 of the sets and never found an autograph, so they are pretty hard to find, which is why the high prices today. Congrats to those who have even one!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The cards don't show up for sale very often, when they do -- and they are listed for auction they generally sell for far less than the BINs you see on eBay.

For a while about 6-8 years ago these would pop up every so often on eBay with most of them selling for around $15, and the Stars (Fenn, Amick, Boyle, etc) selling for $25-75.

Good luck!

Jon

Posts: 5410 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Finally, there is a "buyer beware" if going for an Auto since there were 2 kinds of factory sets and one of them didn't feature autograph cards. Only the ones marked "limited edition" had the autographs. They have a serial number inside the box lid, whereas the unlimited editions don't have the number inside the lid.

That's a good thing to know. Thanks!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks again for all the info Smile Definitely a set I'd like to have, but with those scary BIN's on the Bay, this one will be a slow boiler for me. Wish I'd known of the set a decade ago! Love an Agent Cooper, Audrey, Shelley, and Donna...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The owls are not what they seem.

I'll take an auto from the Log Lady. She had a really big pencil to sign with.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I'd personally stay far away from any Star Pics Auto, seeing most of the big names end up getting forged in sports and non sports. Sellers take the stickers from commons and slap it on another card and sign it. Seeing there is no difference between a base card and auto card, they are easily forged. A huge red flag are sellers who are buying lots of star pics autos and have high end star pics autos for sale.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really? What big names in Non-Sport have been forged?

Jon

posted Hide Post
You beat me to it Jon... Smile

Anyone know of any proven cases of Star Pics forged non-sport autos?

Also, anyone got any scans/pics of genuine Twin Peaks auto cards to help with identifying the real deal?

Definitely a set I want, but don't like getting burned... OUCH! Big Grin

Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
I'd say 99.9% that the Farley on ebay currently is fake. It's on the wrong card along with the fact the seller has recently purchased 53 common star pics autos and recently sold 3 Favre Star Pics Autos is a huge RED FLAG to be skeptical about.

Kind of funny how many Favre's are showing up seeing they get $$$ and are all signed differently.

I wouldn't be afraid of the average auto from Twin Peaks, I'd be more afraid of the Big Names that might bring a seller $100+.

I swear it's the ONLY reason anyone is buying common Star Pics autos for $5 each in lots.

Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
You beat me to it Jon... Smile

Anyone know of any proven cases of Star Pics forged non-sport autos?

Also, anyone got any scans/pics of genuine Twin Peaks auto cards to help with identifying the real deal?

Definitely a set I want, but don't like getting burned... OUCH! Big Grin

There are a few on eBay now that you can view, I don't know how "genuine" they are. These cards of course are not sticker autographs. They are signed on the reverse side and Star Pics affixed a little round gold stamp to certify that it is an authentic signature.

Never thought about anyone removing the stamp and placing it on a forged card, which is what I guess Hornetsfan is implying. I don't know how hard that would be in terms of destroying the seal. Star Pics' All My Children autograph cards from the same time period were produced the same way.

Can't say that I heard this was an issue, but these cards are older and aren't readily available. I'd like to know if this has been documented or if its just a rumor too.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post