Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Elvis Collection (River Group)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elvis Collection (River Group)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Hi all,

Recently bought some packs of the Elivs Collection by River Group - Early 90s, Across 3 series.

According to Jeff's Checklists this series is 'skip numbered' 1-660.

Despite being a trading card/Non Sport collector for going on 12 years now (Sounds 'newbie' compared to some on here Roll Eyes) I have to ask:

What does skip numbered mean?

Thanks Wave

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Each series does not have sequential numbered cards.

Series 1 doesn't have 1-220, it has 1, 4, 7, 10...
Series 2 doesn't have 221-440, it has 2, 5, 8, 11...
Series 3 doesn't have 441-660, it has 3, 6, 9, 12...

So you cannot "complete" a page without cards from each series.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So buying one series is useless without buying the other two.

River Group went out of business right ?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, after doing the infamous Warriors of Plasm and Dark Dominion sets !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
So I'll have to buy packs/collect cards from across series 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously to collect the whole 660 card set?

I could logically collect cards in 'chunks' eg 1-100, 101-200 etc but they're from across all 3 series?

Oh my head - I can see now why (1) most companies do not engage in such madness and (2) this company went out of business.

Thanks all.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello TC00, I have a large numbersof dups for this set. Email me what you need.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
If you are really interested in buying these cards, you might be better off buying a complete set. I remember when these boxes came out. It was impossible to complete without breaking numerous boxes of each series. Back then, there was no collation guarantee. Oh, there is also a 4" binder for the cards, and different chase too.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry C.:
Hello TC00, I have a large numbersof dups for this set. Email me what you need.

Thank you Larry, email will be sent shortly.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
If you are really interested in buying these cards, you might be better off buying a complete set. I remember when these boxes came out. It was impossible to complete without breaking numerous boxes of each series. Back then, there was no collation guarantee. Oh, there is also a 4" binder for the cards, and different chase too.

Thanks Beamer. Unfortunatly these cards aren't so easy to come by in the UK. It works out much cheaper to buy packs. Boxes are too much $$ in S&H. I've only seen one binder that came with the complete set for over $200.00 dollars. It did come with other cards too but still - expensive stuff.

I'm happy to take my time with my new Elvis collection - no rush to get a whole set anytime soon.

Thanks for all the info. Thumb Up