Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Congressional Baseball Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional Baseball Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Every year, the Republicans and Democrats in Congress play against each other in a baseball game. The proceeds are used as a fund raiser for various charities in the Washington DC region. For the last several years, there have been sets of baseball cards printed up for the game. Since the people pictured are politicians, I've always thought of these cards as nonsports cards even though they are also baseball.

You can get a set of last year's cards here.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bill. Yeah, that's non-sports all the way since it isn't professional nor even minor league baseball. It could be considered sort of a history set as it's connected to government. There's a 3-card celebrity softball set out there with MC Hammer. That would be non-sports too even with Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey Jr. because it's connected to a 90's MTV series.

People vote for congresspeople but does anyone really have a favorite one?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just looking at the set, I would imagine the Marjorie Taylor Green would sell for a premium. As an OSU alum, it was nice to see an Anthony Gonzalez card in there.

On a side note, does anyone know how far back these go? I saw a sold listing online for the 2011 cards (along with the program for the game).

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post