Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Familial Autographs
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
First cousins Maryam d'Abo (James Bpnd) and Olivia d'Abo (Star Trek TNG). I always thought they were sisters.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I read someplace that about 10 years ago there was much tension on a photo shoot for a magazine (I forget which one) doing an article on Bond women. The folks doing it tried to get Jill St. John and Lana Wood together for a recreation of "Diamonds Are Forever" but Lana refused to do it, given that she blames Robert Wagner (Jill's husband) for her sister's death.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
How about this Thanksgiving gathering.

Robert Wagner (Americana), adopted daughter Natasha Gregson Wagner (The 4400), Natasha's aunt and his former sister-in-law Lana Wood (James Bond, Pop) and his present wife Jill St. John (James Bond).

And there's that little matter of what really happened to Natalie Wood? Oh well, that looks like one never to have closure.

Oh man! Would love to get an invite to that dinner! Interesting imdb does not list Robert as one of Natasha's relatives. I know how Lana feels but never really heard if his daughter has anything to do with him.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What kind of wood doesn't float?

Natalie Wood.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It turns out witches burn because they're made of wood which floats in water like ducks also do. Because of this, the average witch will weigh the same as a duck. You will need to use the largest scale to check.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Just stumbled across this one today. Dorian Kingi the body actor who played Cad Bane in Book of Boba Fett is the son of Lindsay Wagner. He is mostly in stunt work and small acting roles. He also did the Russian Prison Demogorgon in Stranger Things.

This card is one of my customs but his official Star Wars card has since hit the street.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4844 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
First cousins Maryam d'Abo (James Bpnd) and Olivia d'Abo (Star Trek TNG). I always thought they were sisters.

I think a lot of people think Karen and Nancy Allen are related but they aren't

Posts: 4844 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think a lot of people think Karen and Nancy Allen are related but they aren't

Yeah, same thing with Christian Slater and Helen Slater. They're not related, but to confuse people even more, they even played brother and sister in the "The Legend of Billie Jean".

In "The 4400" Billy Campbell and Conchita Campbell were both in the main cast and everybody thought they were father and daughter in real life. Nope, not related.

I think I've run out of connections not mentioned. I can think of other family ties, but none that have more than one person with a certified autograph card that I know about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

This card is one of my customs

And a decent-looking card it is.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Patrick and Daniel Stewart (Father/son- both Star Trek)

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I've run out of connections not mentioned. I can think of other family ties, but none that have more than one person with a certified autograph card that I know about.

Yeah me too, I'm just stumbling around viewing my collection against IMDB and finding stuff I never would have imagined.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:

This card is one of my customs

And a decent-looking card it is.

Thank you sir! Didnt make a single card for the con this weekend. Focusing on comic book stuff.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Doesn't appear that father/daughter Christopher Plummer (ST) and Amanda Plummer (BG) have been mentioned yet.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah I tossed it up on page 2

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So you did. I searched for "Plummer" and didn't see it, but they are only pictured and not described.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Husband and wife Jim Beaver and Cecily Adams.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you reach over to the sports side and pick up a Rosey Grier you can have cousins with Pam. For some reason I want to say he signed for Americana but cant seem to find one.

If one of the signers can be sports-related, there will be many, many more combinations.
For instance, singer Jordin Sparks who signed for American Idol is the daughter of NFL player Phillippi Sparks, who signed for at least one football set:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32556...=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28
https://www.ebay.com/itm/39416...tkp%3ABk9SR4qatqL1YQ

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Brother and sister Kevin and Virginia Smith both have autographed cards in the Upper Deck "Clerks" set.

Kevin and his daughter, Harley Quinn, will have cards in the upcoming "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" set. Wife and mom, respectively, of those two, Jennifer Schwalbach is also in the set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
If one of the signers can be sports-related, there will be many, many more combinations.
For instance, singer Jordin Sparks who signed for American Idol is the daughter of NFL player Phillippi Sparks, who signed for at least one football set:

Not sure of how many many more there will be but I think a crossover is fine as long as one of them is on a legitimate non sports card. Some sets have already obliterated this line.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris has the Pop Century card and his son, Eric, who was a professional driver, signed for at least one Press Pass NASCAR set back in 2003.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aunt and niece Mary and Denise Crosby