Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Non-Sport Morning
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
This probably would a boring story, but I thought I would share since it was a good day for me. There are not too many card shows in my area, so a couple of weeks ago I checked to see if the one show in my area, which is 45 minutes away, was having a show as I was hoping the one non-sport card dealer would have some Star Wars Galaxy 6 boxes. I completely forgot about it until last night at about 2 in the morning, I was tired and figured I would probably skip it and sleep in. I got up at around 9am and decided I would make the trip as it was a nice day and maybe I would find a couple of Colts cards at the very least - COLT POWER!

So, I walk into the show and see no non-sport cards, until the last row and I see three boxes of Star Wars Galaxy 6 sitting on a table. I quickly make the purchase and return home very happy I made the journey. I am thinking I will open one now, keep one for NSU's open that box day, and just keep the last one sealed in the closet.

Off to Pete and Elda's for the world's best pizza and a few beers and the the NCAA tourney, and then home to get ready for bed and to open one box of SWG 6. Not too much on the first ten packs, but then a sketch card that looks like a painting, and another fun manga type sketch, and then I pull what looks like another sketch, which it was except it's a Carrie Fisher sketchagraph!

I was of course incredibly happy with my one box, and I was glad I made the trip which I was extremely close to blowing off as I thought it would be a waste of time. Sometimes it's good to just take a chance, even though the odds may seem long! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Batman!

I am uber-jealous right now as that is the one sketchagraph that I would love to pull since Leia has always been a favorite of mine, but congrats!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
What a great story Batman!

Those are three fantastic cards you pulled, I hope your other two boxes have just as exciting pulls for you too Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nice Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
great pull!

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Congrats Batman. Let's hope you have this kind of luck on Open That Box! day and Open That Box! night at the Philly Show. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the sketchagraph, very nice. Smile

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lucky you!! Smile

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the fantastic find.
I like those, especially the "sketchagraph."

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
picutres, we want to see pictures Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Congrats on making it to Pete & Elda's! 2nd best pizza on the East Coast!

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
3 GREAT pulls Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great for you batman Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
That's some luck - great story!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your pulls!! They are very nice!!!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Congrats Batty Bob! And now... lets all sing a song that comes to mind (looking at that Carrie Fisher auto sketch)...

Dance

Some guys have all the luck...
Some guys get all the breaks...

Drool

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post

That's amazing - see and I was always told being spontanious was a bad thing! lol.

Congrats. Bouncey

-TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post