Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Your top 10 pulls from sealed boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your top 10 pulls from sealed boxes
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
i don't think i've had 10 great pulls, but here are my best:

- Michael C. Hall from Dexter (3 boxes)
- Chris Hemsworth from Thor (1 box)
- James Marsters from Spike (1 box)
- Simon Helberg from Big Bang Theory 1/2 (i bought 7 boxes on preorder... by time i received they had jumped up in price so i just opened 3 and made my money back on the others)
- Melike Acar sketch from Marvel Greatest Heroes (1 box - this was cool because i bought these at 2012 Heroes Con. the seller had one box on his table, but when i showed interest he told me he had more. i said i only wanted one box so he let me pick the box i wanted out of the 8 or so he had stored away. i chose wisely...)
- Carmen Electra auto numbered 2 of 5 from 2012 Benchwarmer Holiday (1 box)

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in 1995, I opened two boxes of Prince Valiant by Comic Images, and in EACH box I pulled a redemption for an auto. I think only 500 were made.

Also, in 1994, I opened a box of Images of Shadowhawk and pulled the Bart Simpson "Shadow Bart" card which was like 1 in 15 boxes

Maybe the print run on both sets was small !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
My absolute best so far:

Nina Dobrev autographed costume card from 1 box of Vampire Diaries 2. Elephant

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I will probably be forgetting some here, as I have sold/changed collecting habits a lot since I really got into the hobby:

In no particular order:

1) Emma Watson autograph from 1 Box of HP Heroes and Villains (only box ever purchased)

2) Emma Watson autograph from 1 Box of HP Prisoner of Azkaban (only box ever purchased)

3) Incredible Hulk Topps 2003 - Pulled 3 Sketch cards from a single PACKET in the box (have posted this story before), they were so hard to pull I worked out it greatly affected the odds of pulling a sketch in the entire production run... The box also cost me £15...

4) Patrick McGoohan autograph card from a box of The Prisoner (this was the 4th box I opened, but was loose and not in a case)

5) LeVar Burton autograph from 1 box of Star Trek TNG Season 7 (rarest autograph if I remember?)

Most of the others come from cases or multiple box pulls but I have had some other really good ones, mainly sketches.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
My top 10 boxes:

1) Emilie de Ravin auto AND Charlie Sand Prop (Lost S2)
2) Eko variant pieceworks redemption (Lost S2 - 3rd box!)
3) Evangeline Lilly auto redemption (Lost S1)
4) Josh Holloway auto redemption (Lost S1)
5) Summer Glau auto (Serenity - On Christmas day!)
6) Cyclops sketch by Rosema (X-Men 3 - My one and only box)
7) Plane propworks (Lost S3 - Christmas day)
8) Liv Tyler auto (LOTR TTT)
9) Morena Baccarin auto and pieceworks in the same box (Serenity)
10) Michael Emerson auto (Lost S3 - Christmas day)

Was about to post my list and found my old post several years ago, it's more or less the same!

Can't believe I forgot to mention pulling a Nathan Fillion auto redemption from my only box of Firefly. This was the first box i'd ever bought! Of anything! This would probably trump 8,9,10 from my old list.

Special note to my Lost Archives box a month ago, it's not the greatest product for the contents having less value than the sealed box but it worked out! A lot! Pulled Daniel Dae Kim and Ian Somerhalder autographs, and the Kate Dharma patch. Also included a Wayne Pygram autograph, which I appreciate from my old Farscape watching days! I think this trumps 9 and 10 of the list above too! Big Grin

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say I've have not had any great pulls from sealed boxes only cases and loose packs. I seem to be a magnet for common cards!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Sorry to say I've have not had any great pulls from sealed boxes only cases and loose packs. I seem to be a magnet for common cards!

Same here...I haven't done very well when opening single boxes. My best pull from a single box would probably be the Drusilla pieceworks from Buffy Big Bads. It goes downhill pretty fast after than one.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best pulls as of late have been:
Star Trek : Heroes and Villains:Nichelle Nichols auto
Walking Dead Season 2: Andrew Lincoln auto
Castle Seasons 1 and 2 Nathan Fillion and Dana Delany Luv You autos

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlouisb1313
posted Hide Post
Soul-on-Fire the bell-elliot dual from jag would've been awesome back in the day. Did you sell it. Can I ask how much you got. I had just left the military around then and got up at 6am every morning to watch it. Jag is way better then todays ncis

Posts: 16 | Location: north adams,ma.01247 | Registered: March 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I pulled from a Star Trek TNG Season 7 pack, an autographed Brent Spiner, Data card.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In one of my cases of big bang theory seasons 3/4 I had one box that had

-Amy Costume
-Leonard's Mom Auto
-Yellow Printing plate (1:3 cases)
-Blue Printing Plate (1:3 cases)

-Redemption card for an oversized relic card for the girls of big bang theory Smile (1:11.66 cases)

Card is number R1 and is the first one made! Smile

The printing plates and redemption were back, to back, to back packs.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Haven't bought a box in a while. But my most recent good pull was a John Noble from Fringe.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Bought my wife a box of Castle this weekend at Wondercon and she pulled the Fillion Auto/Wardrobe card! Needless to say she was happy Smile

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. Clap

It's the Delany i want. Luv You

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Thinking back...

Bryan Singer x-men movie autograph from the 1 box Bought (I think the odds were around 1:120 boxes)

Stan Lee sketch from Complete Avengers (The only sketch card I still have)

Alias beaded hat redemption card

Rose McGowan autograph from Charmed

Chris Hemsworth autograph card from Avengers (not a sealed box, just 8 loose packs)

Jim Parsons autograph from Big Bang Theory seasons 1-2 (again, just 8 loose packs, same time as I pulled the Hemsworth. That was a good day)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone has a horseshoe somewhere Razz

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
updated.

I haven't had time to open these, too busy looking for a new job and family stuff... I haven't had the best of luck but fingers crossed:

Alias Season 3
Alien v Predator Movie
Andromeda: Reign of the Commonwealth x2
Artists Choice
The Art of Heavy Metal
Avengelyne 1
Avengelyne 2
Babylon 5 - Season Five
Batman Begins - hobby
Battlefield Earth (movie)
Battlestar Galactica Season Two
Boris x2
Boris 3
Boris 4
Best of Boris All Chromium
Boris with Julie
Boris & Julie: Strokes of Genius
Buffy Season 3
Buffy Season 4
Charmed Power of 3
Conan All Chromium
Conan II All Chromium
Conan III All Chromium
The Crow Kitchen Sink 1994 x4
CSI Series 3
Dawn 15th Anniversary
Dexter
Dexter The Third Season
Elvira, Mistress of Dark
Elvira, Mistress of Omnichrome
Gil Elvgren's Calendar Pinups 1
Elvgren & Friends
Evil Ernie 2: Glow-in-the-Dark
Ghost Rider II
Ghost Whisperer Seasons 3 and 4
The Golden Compass
Hammer Horror One (Strictly Ink)
Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2
Hercules: The Complete Journeys
Hercules: The Legend. Journeys (Topps)
Heroes Archives
James Bond: GoldenEye (Grafitti) 1995
James Bond Archives x2
James Bond Connoisseur Vol. 1
James Bond Connoisseur Vol. 2
James Bond Connoisseur Vol. 3
James Bond: World Is Not Enough
James Bond 007 Series 2 (Eclipse) 1993
Judge Dredd - the Movie
Julie Strain Marilyn 2000
Lois & Clark - New Adv. of Superman
Lost in Space: The Movie
Mallrats
Best of Olivia
Olivia: Studies in Sensuality x2
Power Rangers 3: The New Season - Hobby
Power Rangers 3: The New Season - Retail
Razor: Metal and Flesh Chromium
The Best of Luis Royo
Roswell Season 1
20 Years of The Rocky Horror Picture Show Comic Images - 1995
Smallville Season 2
Sorayama 1: Sexy Robots & Pinups
Sorayama 2: Chromium Creatures x2
Spider-Man Premiere 1995 Ultra (Fleer Ultra) 1995
Spider-Man FilmCardz - Artbox - 2002
Spider-Man: The McFarlane Era
Spider-Man II: 30th Anniversary
Star Wars Chrome Archives
Star Wars Attack of the Clones Widevision (Topps) 2002
Superman Holo Series Fleer/SkyBox 1996
Tank Girl
Transformers Movie Cards (Topps) 2007 Hobby
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Topps) 2009 x2
Vampirella (Visions of) x2
Wild Wild West - The Movie
Xena Season 1
Xena Season 2
Xena Season 3
Xena Season 6
The X-Files Season 2

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened a box of Fringe Seasons 3 and 4 and pulled a M15 Astrid costume card and autograph A9 Leonard Nimoy Metal

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
If you don't want that Nimoy autograph card, send it to me. Maybe I'll even consider paying for postage, but I don't know yet.

Good, no great, pulls!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can think of some newbies, 1 box of Star Gate heroes and got the 1 auto needed to finish the set (Rainbow Franks)
2 Sean Pence Sketches from Star Wars 30th
1 Charles Hall sketch of Princess Leigh from Galaxy 7

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post