Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My son wants a Monster Truck card set!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son wants a Monster Truck card set!
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
Not sure if this really falls under non-sport or not but my son has asked me why they don't make a monster truck card set. Seems like a real easy set to make in principle and there must be a decent fan base since they sell out those shows all over the country. Don't know how hard it would be to get a liscense agreement with Feld Motorsports (I think that is the owner of Monster Jam). base set, Cards with pieces of the trucks, autographs of the drivers, maybe even a redemtion to win a trip to a show. As far as I know the only card of a Monster Truck I saw was a Bigfoot card from Allen & Ginter a year or two ago.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
There was a Bigfoot set, I think from the early 90s. I opened a couple packs a few years ago. They were pretty cheap. Nothing fancy.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

You can find boxes for about $10 and sets for $5.

Besides the Allen and Ginter that is the only other set I know of. . .

Good luck.

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I had seen those before. I guess there is some sort of issue with Bigfoot and the Monster Jam people since he is not part of Monster Jam.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
There was a card set Monster Trucks out quite a few years ago, and when I find what box they are in - I know that I am missing 1 card for a full set.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are I have some extra Bigfoot trading cards for Bob Chandler I'll be glad to trade I need someone to finish my set

Posts: 8 | Location: 10000 | Registered: May 31, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a 1988 set from Leesley:

and a 1990 set from Classic:

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
As the original post is from over 10 years ago, it's possible that ifish73's son now has his own Monster Truck.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
As the original post is from over 10 years ago, it's possible that ifish73's son now has his own Monster Truck.

Just a car, not a monster truck. Thumb Up

Unfortunately he didn't really catch the card bug so no need for us to find monster truck cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in the mid-2000's, I was working in Florida and stopped in a Beef O'Bradys restaurant. Good burger. On the way out I walked by a stack of uncut sheets of monster truck cards. This one says it's Volume 2 so I assume there's a Volume 1 and maybe a Volume 3. I went back about a week later but they didn't have any sheets.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Cool cards. I like the way they are situated so that it appears to be a monster truck demolition derby. I honestly wouldn't know which to root for in such a spectacular showdown. Gotta go Blue Thunder. I wonder if Tony Farrell (RIP) is driving there.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today, I realized I had another set of monster truck cards. This is the 6-card "Awesome Road Construction" set that was inserted as an uncut perforated sheet with the "Awesome Road Construction" 2 Tape Set from the "Awesome" series on VHS. Other subjects include aircraft, amusement park rides, and motorcycles.

This sheet measures 6 3/4 x 7 inches and the cards bear descriptive text on the backs. The cards are undated but the video box is dated 1994.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post