Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Panini stamps down on internet dumping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panini stamps down on internet dumping
 Login/Join

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted
Just arrived in my inbox
New Panini Internet Pricing Policy
- Effective October 23, 2013
Authorized internet retailers & case breakers must maintain an advertised price 20% above direct cost for 15-days after product release date. The same holds true for any pre-sells.
Any authorized internet retailer found advertising below the stated price will be immediately unauthorized. One-strike policy!
Unauthorized internet retailers & case breakers may NOT be supplied by Panini distributors and direct accounts.
Policy is effective 10/23/13.
Thoughts anyone?

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If Panini had any product that I was the least bit interested in, I might care. Big Grin

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I guess in the sports card world 2 weeks can be an eternity. But I really don't see 15 days making much difference if a product is bad enough to dump.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is at least one big eBay seller here in the UK and a couple in the US who have automatically dumped every major set that has been released this year. Dump meaning listing everything at a $0.99 cent starting price from around day one. That has been nice for collectors who have been able to snap up everything on the cheap but is killing off small sellers, especially when combined with this years increases and changes to international posting rates. If a few more companies followed Panini's example, it would probably be a good thing in the long term. Unfortunately, the big buyers/sellers in non-sports don't seem to take any notice of requests from manufacturers who in turn cannot afford to annoy the big buyers by being insistent.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Panini made good products, they wouldn't have to have this absurd policy. I stopped opening their junk a long time ago.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I always believe that company only create stickers.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What sets did they do in 2013 ?

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've had some sets that mix sports with non-sports (Golden Age cards 1 and 2 are Edgar Allan Poe and Ty Cobb). But the only "completely non-sports" card (not sticker) set I know from 2013 was One Direction.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
They've had some sets that mix sports with non-sports (Golden Age cards 1 and 2 are Edgar Allan Poe and Ty Cobb). But the only "completely non-sports" card (not sticker) set I know from 2013 was One Direction.

Beach Boys just released too. . . looks like a great set if you are interested in the subject matter. . . Brian Wilson Autos!

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post