Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for CZE?
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted
Hi All,

I'm going to be writing a regular blog on our web site and at least once a month will be focusing on trading cards. In each blog I plan on answering questions that collectors may have. Feel free to post any questions you may have for us here and you may see it show up in an upcoming blog post.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott Wave

When will your first set of Supernatural cards be released? Big Grin

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Scott

Thanks - one question.Why so many auto's in each set? (don't get me wrong like auto's) but at one a box makes it hard/expensive to get them all Big Grin

Looking forward to Big Bang Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I love both these questions.

I would LOVE a new Supernatural set!!

And while I agree with Hammer I understand that fewer autos mean that they keep their value longer but I have the same issue trying to get a set, heck my box didn't even have an auto in it. I have to send in my receipt and by box top just to get the 3 cards I need to complete my base set.Having 2 auto's in a box would be great it would help case buyers and still put some dup's out for sale.

I don't have a question yet but I would like to thank you for coming and asking and for advertizing in NSU as well as keeping us here so well informed about your product. I think pushing cards on Facebook and having some of the signers. like with The Guild. tweet and post about them help the sells and will help the hobby.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Scott. Has CZE acquired the license to make "The Hobbit" trading cards for the upcoming films?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like some clarification on the numbering on The Guild autos. The official list has Evey as A23 and Becker as A24, but they are number A24 and A25 respectively.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi scott,

i read that you had acquired the DC license. can you tell us about any of the upcoming DC sets you may have planned?

brad

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I just want to say thanks! As I spoke with Kurt at the Fall Philly Show, this hobby needs many manufactures out there to try to make the best products with the best licenses possible. I am looking forward to The Guild, Smallville and Big Bang Theory.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I would like some clarification on the numbering on The Guild autos. The official list has Evey as A23 and Becker as A24, but they are number A24 and A25 respectively.

Technically that's not true Chuck, on the checklist it has Evey as A24 and Becker as A25 they didn't list A23. The list goes A22, A24, A25 they skipped A23.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Hey Scott. I heard a rumor that Big Bang Theory was indefinitely delayed due to problems with studio. Can you give us an update on the status of this set?

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Hey Scott. I heard a rumor that Big Bang Theory was indefinitely delayed due to problems with studio. Can you give us an update on the status of this set?

This thread was supposed to be questions for the blog but for this one I'll make an exception. Smile

No delay. Pack-out is next week. We had one signer whose autos came back damaged and they are re-signing right now. So as long as there aren't any issues with that, pack-out should go as planned next week. Release date will be March 23rd.

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys are doing a Castle set, any chance you'd tackle psych too? (and of course I would love A Nightmare on Elm Street Movies set...) Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott!!

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Technically that's not true Chuck, on the checklist it has Evey as A24 and Becker as A25 they didn't list A23. The list goes A22, A24, A25 they skipped A23.

Ah...it was posted on The Guild thread in the Rumors section that they were A23 and A24. Glad that's cleared up.

I wonder who A23 was supposed to be.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott,

I noticed Cryptozoic is displaying at Wonder-COn in LA and also attending the Industry Summit in Las Vegas the following week. Will there be any exclusives given out or sold at the events? Thanks.

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott, thanks for the opportunity to ask questions. Thumb Up

I would like to know more about the impact of pre-releases or pre-orders on production numbers. Specifically, when you get a license like Big Bang, do you know that you are going to make X number of boxes, or do you rely on pre-orders to either increase or scale back on the production run?

I ask this question because it has been written that card manufacturers base many decisions on dealer pre-orders, which is fine, except that a lot of non-sport collectors like me don't place big orders because they feel they don't know what's really in the product until it hits the market.

Kind of a Catch 22 situation for manufacturers if they think a product won't sell because orders are down, but orders are down because everyone is waiting for the product. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Scott,

I have a couple of questions and distribution. My local comic book store, which buys all of your companies Warcraft cards, clam that they had no clue that you where doing some of these cards. I have filled them in on the licensees that you have and they are stoked about ordering some cases. My question is how are you getting the word out to your CCG dealers about the new things your are selling?

Also I know that you guy sell alot of sets to Target. Are there any plans to do some non-hobby boxes for sale there, like Topps and Upperdeck do?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Look for a blog post with answers to many of the questions above in the next week. If you have other questions please feel free to post them below and I will try to include as many as possible the next time.

Thanks.

Scott

posted Hide Post
will you be coming to Comic con in Melbourne Australia?

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Good question Hosie Big Grin

though I doubt it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post