Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files Season 2 (Topps, 1996) Error Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Season 2 (Topps, 1996) Error Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I never knew until reading the entry on Jeff Allendar's House of Checklist site today, that the 2nd X-Files set from 1996, had a bunch of the common cards with text that was later altered and corrected in later printings. Did anyone else know that ? I bought all of the Topps X-Files cards back in the 1990s and never heard of this before

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's the error list, scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.nslists.com/xfiles2.htm

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've totally forgot about that, but I don't remember it being so many. Guess I never looked for that close for errors.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have most of them. I also have cards in German and Italian.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have most of them. I also have cards in German and Italian.

There's French, and maybe Spanish text too. It's been a long time since I've looked through them. I've forgot more about X-Files collecting than most will ever know, lol. BTW, I'm missing one of a four card Korean DVD card set. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I only have a few of the error cards. I meant to pursue them but in this everything older then a day is ancient history society things like that keep getting pushed back, added to my want list, and then I find I don't have the time to go after them because 10 more new and interesting items have been added. But one day....!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been meaning to ask about a card I have (have had it almost twenty years and was dealt to me as an oddball promo or error card). It's an unnumbered Season 2 title card which should be #1 in the regular set. It does not include the Cris Carter credit. Is that the same one or is there a title card that is numbered and also missing the Carter credit? If someone can show a scan of the error and corrected card of than, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On card 36, did they change the front photo or the back photo ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
On card 36,the error card has the wrong photo on the back.

I also have that Season Two uncredited title card and I believe that is the only variant.