Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Trading cards on the BBC.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trading cards on the BBC.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
In the BBC show Casualty on saturday night one of the nurses stated that he had full sets of Spiderman series 1, 2 and 3 trading cards.

This is the first time i have ever heard anyone mention trading cards in a mainstream prime time drama show.

Anyone ever heard it in another one?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Only in the last Avengers movie, but that doesn't fall into your "mainstream prime time drama show" criteria. Wink

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There was an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where his daughter traded a valuable Pokemon card for a common card and he tried to get it back.

The guys on the Big Bang Theory are always playing board and card games and there was the Wil Wheaton episode where they had a gaming card contest in the comicbook store.

They are mainstream, but not drama.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first trading card reference I can remember was in Star Trek: The Next Generation. 'The Most Toys', the Season 3 episode where Data was kidnapped by an obsessive collector. Part of his unique collection was a Babe Ruth card kept in a special case which gave out a brief scent of bubble gum when you opened its door. Although it was sci-fi, I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a mainstream prime time drama show.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
In married with Children, there was a reference to trading cards by Al Bundy, although I think it was sports cards rather than non sports.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post