Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Panini Americana: Obtaining Autographs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panini Americana: Obtaining Autographs
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
UPDATE: Below you can read all the original postings I won't bother to remove at the moment.

NEW QUESTION: I know sadly not all of the people pictured on the 100 card base set are still with us. For those that are what do you reckon the chances are of me being able to build up/obtain my own autograph set of these cards via fan mail autograph requests?

Please let me know your thoughts Big Grin

---------From here on is the original 'idea' behind this erm idea lol.

Picked up a box of Americana (Panini/2011: 8 packs) & in 1 pack got 2 base cards of Michael Madsen?

I thought 'wouldn't it be awesome to send it off & he might sign it?' - BUT if he doesn't & I don't get it back it won't be a loss because I already have the base card.

He has a fan club but no fan mail address & all contact info is for 'business people' - work related enquiries.

Anyone who's a regular autograph seeker have any ideas how I can go about this?

Thanks all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Nevermind - think/hope I've found a fan mail address from very recently - If it's successful I will share my new autographed Michael Madsen card! Thumb Up

Let you all know soon. Smile

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Ps will putting it in a hard card topper annoy him trying to get it out Confused but I dont want it wrecked on its way in transit Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
You might try...

13 Hands Publications
914 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA.90024
USA

But from the look for it he doesn't reply much. You might just want to break down and buy his card from the latest Bond set.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
You might try...
13 Hands Publications
914 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA.90024
USA
But from the look for it he doesn't reply much. You might just want to break down and buy his card from the latest Bond set.

Thanks for that Smile

I sent it off this morning - Don't think I used the same address though?? The one I found someone said they'd sent off photos (as recently as Feb 28th) & got them back autographed.

Being in England I'm not holding out on seeing the card again Roll Eyes

If I do at least it won't have been wasted money on stamps Twak Wave

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
You should be aware that MOST autographs obtained by fans thru the mail are signed by a secretary and the star does not even see them unless they are for a charity and sending an item to be signed is very risky, alot if older sports stars do sign thru the mail as does John Glenn but sometimes it can take months as in the case of John Glenn he signed my book but it did take several months, so try but be careful what you send and if possible include return postage.

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
You should be aware that MOST autographs obtained by fans thru the mail are signed by a secretary and the star does not even see them unless they are for a charity and sending an item to be signed is very risky, alot if older sports stars do sign thru the mail as does John Glenn but sometimes it can take months as in the case of John Glenn he signed my book but it did take several months, so try but be careful what you send and if possible include return postage.

They still do that? Eek Oh dear, I thought that was 'old fashioned' that Hollywood did in the studios decades ago - I can see though why they wouldn't changed/stop a 'tried and tested' system of replying to fan mail.

Unfortunatly I was informed by our mailing service that 'International Coupons' that I used to put in with cards for returns postage have been discontinued. I used a whole book (x 6) 1st class stamps on the return envelope so if that doesn't get it back here (Asuming it's ever sent back) then I'll consider it a write off. No idea how else I could go about it & to be honest not sure (despite the nice idea it is) it may be worth it in the end - cost wise and depending on response or lack of.

Thanks again Big Grin