Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Beating the mail costs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beating the mail costs
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
There's a set on the 'Bay that I want but the seller wants $US46.00 to mail it to me. Considering that it's just 50 cards, that is grossly exorbitant. In NZ$'s that's $73 for a set that could cost less than $10!!

I need a fellow collector (in the US) to bid on this set and if successful just bung it into a hard case and then into a bubble mailer. I'm damn sure that it can get here for less than $25 that way.

The set is listed as:

1988 Wolverine Set of 1-50 Cards made by Comic Images

I am willing to bid $10-15 and will make whatever PayPal money in advance you need to win it and mail it.

Anyone??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G'day btlfannz Is this the set you are wanting eBay item number: 321995216059 ?

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That set is also known as "Wolverine Trivia".
One set sold for $20 not too long ago, but it usually goes for about $30 to $35.
Maybe this one will go for less.

The problem after that though, is that any thing up to 8 ounces (even a 1 ounce package!) from the US to you is now $13.75. Over 8 ounces goes to $22.75, although I think this would weigh in at about 5 ounces.

Probably part of why the seller has the shipping so high is because Ebay requires tracking on items to protect the buyer and seller equally and that is expensive. It adds about $14 to the shipping cost to get that. One last bit is that Paypal fees are 1% higher on international transactions than they are on domestic ones and that's an extra dollar out of every hundred in payments, including the shipping part, from which Ebay additionally takes their fee.

It's all added up to near total destruction of the lower valued item international card market unfortunately. I don't think there is a way to beat the high cost of international shipping anymore...
Frown

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chriscarter101361:
G'day btlfannz Is this the set you are wanting eBay item number: 321995216059 ?

Yep! Dat's da puppy!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The problem after that though, is that any thing up to 8 ounces (even a 1 ounce package!) from the US to you is now $13.75.
Frown

It should easily come in at less that 8 oz and I will happily pay $13.75. I certainly don't need tracking and insurance.