Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What's up with Rittenhouse?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with Rittenhouse?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They are all promos that we know about and all being sold by the same dealer in New York.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I was only interested in the sealed sets
The latest listing has a lot of full promo sets listed
I dont know wether I can put up the sellers site here but it should not be too hard to find with a bit of research
It is either a collector with a lot of Rittenhouse stuff or , the firm itself unloading these

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The seller has a variety of items listed, both sports and non-sports, and non-exclusive to RA. Cards and other types of merchandise.

How he/she came to have so much of RA all at once, which is reported by others, could go either way. Clearly someone has decided to clear out something.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Series Two has just been added for November 17th release. Nothing else in forum discussion.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

For someone who references their page often this is getting a bit annoying.

I guess no one told them that they could build their new page without having to crash the old one until it was ready.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The RA website has been wonky for a long time now. You can't access old product info that used to be there. Updating is always going to be the excuse, so why ask? Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I can see the whole website

I can see the whole website until i try to see the checklist of a product and then i get the updated symbol or no link at all.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Most of the checklists are still there if you don't use their links. Do it as an internet search and the links that come up that way still work.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Most of the checklists are still there if you don't use their links. Do it as an internet search and the links that come up that way still work.

Yeah, I have done that as well. It works about 70% of the time. Not sure if those are just cached pages with limited time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Another problem I have with them and cardboard connection is they don't list the box numbers. In the collectable world production is kind of important, why is there an aversion to this?

Can't tell you how many times I have had to search for an image of a sealed box that actually shows the numbers.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking in their forum is appears that someone raised the problem with accessing the checklists at the end of July 2021 and there has been two other comments but no response from them.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at the RA release schedule for 2023, is it just me, or does it look to be on the light side ?

1 Dr. Who set
3 Star Treks

1 Twilight Zone
1 Twin Peaks
1 Umbrella Academy

The last 3 are listed as "expansion" sets, so maybe not full blown, traditional sets ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looking at the RA release schedule for 2023, is it just me, or does it look to be on the light side ?

The word redundant comes to mind but that seems to be the plague of most non-sport releases.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

1 Dr. Who set
3 Star Treks

1 Twilight Zone
1 Twin Peaks
1 Umbrella Academy

The last 3 are listed as "expansion" sets, so maybe not full blown, traditional sets ?

Let's be fair, there is House of the Dragon (GOT) on the list too.

They only released 4 pack/box sets last year, with 2 mini sets (Lost In Space, and Disney D23 set)

They also only had 4 sets in 2021.

So I don't see this as much of a change.

I would LOVE to see some new properties, but it may well be that they have their hands full dealing with all the new Trek and HOD. I would guess new shows are more labor intensive than classic shows.

Rittenhouse is a VERY small company. They may well be content with the status quo.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Rittenhouse is a VERY small company. They may well be content with the status quo.

Ed

Yup and their quality standards are still the best in the hobby while other manufactures seem to fall into a range based on the set title.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

1 Dr. Who set
3 Star Treks

1 Twilight Zone
1 Twin Peaks
1 Umbrella Academy

Let's be fair, there is House of the Dragon (GOT) on the list too.

They only released 4 pack/box sets last year, with 2 mini sets (Lost In Space, and Disney D23 set)

They also only had 4 sets in 2021.

So I don't see this as much of a change.

I would LOVE to see some new properties, but it may well be that they have their hands full dealing with all the new Trek and HOD. I would guess new shows are more labor intensive than classic shows.

Ed

Well, there may be 3 Star Trek sets on the docket, but 2 of 3 of them will be huge hits. A lot of people don’t like Discovery, whatever, but Picard Season 3 was a massive hit on streaming, and Strange New Worlds is also very popular. Both sets will probably be an embarrassment of riches autograph wise. House of the Dragon will also likely be a huge hit, and even Umbrella Academy is something to look forward to. Season one had a small print run, but was really successful, a sleeper hit. I think Rittenhouse is well-positioned for this year. Meanwhile - Upper Deck, well, if you can’t say something nice…..

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
Well, there may be 3 Star Trek sets on the docket, but 2 of 3 of them will be huge hits. A lot of people don’t like Discovery, whatever, but Picard Season 3 was a massive hit on streaming, and Strange New Worlds is also very popular. Both sets will probably be an embarrassment of riches autograph wise. House of the Dragon will also likely be a huge hit, and even Umbrella Academy is something to look forward to. Season one had a small print run, but was really successful, a sleeper hit. I think Rittenhouse is well-positioned for this year. Meanwhile - Upper Deck, well, if you can’t say something nice…..

The success of Umbrella Academy and Picard will rely much on how different they will be from the previous sets. Obviously autograph line up will lead the way in that thought. I only saw the first season of Picard but everyone talking about the nostalgia of it all. If all we get is an extended TNG set it is a bit difficult to get excited. I know Lea Thompson was in season 2 and directed, when I spoke with her at a con she seemed to be open to RA contacting her.

House of Dragons is already sold out. I would love to see them go for the Grand Slam but I can't help but think stuff will be held back for future product and we will end up with an overload of bit part signatures once again. In either case I am in for the first release.

Strange New Worlds is fresh with many of the cast early in their careers. I would also be interested in this.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
House of Dragons is already sold out. I would love to see them go for the Grand Slam but I can't help but think stuff will be held back for future product and we will end up with an overload of bit part signatures once again. In either case I am in for the first release.

I am absolutely certain that the set composition and card designs for "House of the Dragon" will follow RA's format for "Game of Thrones" exactly. They will just be trying to swap out the actors/characters. They will make approximately 9 autograph card designs, including the signed relics and cuts.

I can only hope that they lay off the brown and black borders on the base cards and have brighter colors and photos than in the drab GoT sets, which all began to look alike in every product release. I get the desire for some uniformity, but not when every set becomes boring and is indistinguishable from the last one.

The problem with "House of the Dragon" that I see hampering RA is that the show is very slow to film. If the production schedule delays season starts, how can RA get the cards made each year when they are waiting for it to begin? The cards are coming out a year or more after each season ends. It seems like there will be a lot of time lost on the license, without any profits but expenses paid out, if new cards can't be made on a regularly scheduled basis.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

The success of Umbrella Academy and Picard will rely much on how different they will be from the previous sets. Obviously autograph line up will lead the way in that thought. I only saw the first season of Picard but everyone talking about the nostalgia of it all. If all we get is an extended TNG set it is a bit difficult to get excited. I know Lea Thompson was in season 2 and directed, when I spoke with her at a con she seemed to be open to RA contacting her.

Strange New Worlds is fresh with many of the cast early in their careers. I would also be interested in this.

Some were tepid towards Picard Season 2 (I liked it), but reception to Picard Season 3 has been overwhelmingly positive. TNG fans were happy this was more TNG. I'm sure the set will be successful.
Its rumored Patrick Stewart's autographs in this set may be his last (due to his arthritis) and hopefully the main cast are all on board to sign too.

Strange New Worlds seems to be getting good reviews and Anson Mount in particular seems to be a fan favourite already. I'm sure that set will also be well received.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new Hunger Games movie doesn't seem to have as star-studded a cast as the previous ones (maybe it does, and I just am not as tuned in to who "stars" are as I once may have been . . .), but it could probably support a set.

Posts: 2199 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post