Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What's up with Rittenhouse?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with Rittenhouse?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
So am I the only one concerned about Rittenhouse? They seem to have lost a lot of great titles to Cryptozoic. Of course I have not idea if they fought for all the WB stuff like Arrow, Flash, Supernatural and Smallville. Or wanted things like Sleeping Hollow but I would rather have had them have them then Crypt.

Also I have been waiting for any new word about the Buffy set or even anything coming this year and there seems to be no word. Their site shows no releases coming for this year even though we know that there will be Trek and Bond stuff.

I don't know maybe I am over reacting but I really love Rittenhouse products and hope to see more this year.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is anything to worry about. Rittenhouse has never really gone after titles like The Flash, Arrow, and other TV shows except for the SyFy Channel shows. I don't think they consider it their forte. They usually go for the more classic and evergreen titles-- things that are proven over time. Which is where I think Buffy falls into now. I guess you might say True Blood and Game of Thrones contradict this but I think (again, only my thoughts) they think those shows will prove to be evergreens/classics in the end.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would be rather more worried about Cryptozoic than Rittenhouse. For every Walking Dead success there are several that struggle like Alphas, Revenge, The Guild etc. In the long run that is a recipe for financial problems and I think that is beginning to show up in the several recent cancelled products.

Hope I am wrong because their products are top quality and we need every manufacturer in a small hobby like ours but I can see Cryptozoic not existing in five years time unless they are more careful about which shows they buy the rights to Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Check the forum posts on the Rittenhouse website. Steve promises "I'll have news on Buffy shortly" and the website release schedule will also be updated "shortly."

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's the swinging pendulum. At one time card manufacturers gave out very little information in advance and collectors didn't like it.

Then they started to promise everything months in advance, only things kept changing, and collectors didn't like it.

So now we are back to less information and collectors don't like it. Big Grin

For the record, I don't think there is anything up with RA and I really wanted a full Buffy set, I think it would have been terrific.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Chris,

Check the forum posts on the Rittenhouse website. Steve promises "I'll have news on Buffy shortly" and the website release schedule will also be updated "shortly."

Cheers! Thumb Up

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOOT! some new information on sets.

Release Schedule for upcoming Rittenhouse Archives Products

• Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Ultimate Collector's Set (02/25/15)
• True Blood: Season 7 Collector's Set (03/11/15B)
• Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season One (03/25/15)
• Game of Thrones: Season Four Trading Cards (04/22/15)
• 2015 James Bond Archives Series 1 (05/20/15)
• Continuum: Season 3 (06/10/15)
• The Avengers: Silver Age Trading Cards (06/24/15)

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this mean 2 Bond sets in 2015 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, no Trek!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Wow, no Trek!

Star Trek Aliens was just released in November. I'm sure that as long as RA holds the license it will produce another set in 3rd or 4th quarter 2015.

As for these series one entries, I wouldn't like it done to Bond anymore than I liked it when CZE did it with Walking Dead in 2014. These are franchise titles that don't need more than an annual release. Splitting it up to generate more sales is counter productive in the long run. If you make a solidly packed set and you increase the printrun you can sell out and maybe go for a new title or two. Hasn't anyone ever heard the story about killing the goose that laid the golden eggs? Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
WOOT! some new information on sets.

Release Schedule for upcoming Rittenhouse Archives Products

• 2015 James Bond Archives Series 1 (05/20/15)

Havn't we just had James Bond Archives or are all these sets just starting to blur into one?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Better start saving up some money for True Blood and GoT S4. I didn't think there would be any more True Blood so I am very happy about that. Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forget what they did the last time they had 2 Bond sets in one year

Were they smaller than your average Bond set ? Were the 2 sets equivalent to one regular, annual set ?

I'm still making installment payments towards a master set of the 2014 Bond-- the most expensive one they've ever done. I hope that EACH of the 2015 sets isn't the same price as what I just paid. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Wow, no Trek!

Star Trek Aliens was just released in November. I'm sure that as long as RA holds the license it will produce another set in 3rd or 4th quarter 2015.

2016 Will be Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, I guess there will be tons of merchandise out then.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Game of Thrones will be out just BEFORE the Philly show in May Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Game of Thrones will be out just BEFORE the Philly show in May Smile

Assuming, of course, that they actually manage to make that release date. Wink

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like Rittenhouse but I wish they'd quit doing parallel sets.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I like Rittenhouse but I wish they'd quit doing parallel sets.

Me too! But then they have done parallel sets as long as I can remember. I hate to see Rittenhouse not get more of the new releases that Cryptozoic is getting. I hate Cryptozoic but mostly because of thier terrible customer service. Rittenhouse has fantastic customer service.. Stop letting Crypto get so many releases. Frown

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have to agree about Cryptozoic's lack of customer service. I pulled a bent autographed card from a pack and I had no success resolving that issue. Rittenhouse has always bent backwards to answer any problems I encountered with their cards and comes through every time with a very satisfactory solution.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had nothing but sterling service from Cryptozoic. At the moment, after a couple of swapped messages, I have a redeemed card winging it's way to me. The redemption was out of date, but they have still honoured it for me Clap Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post