Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Sell whole collection?!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sell whole collection?!
 Login/Join

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, here in NSU is $25 for 3 months. Smokin' Twak

Oh, my God! I was looking that area. It is so sad. It suc$%#! You need to edit and re-edit your post. In a forum that you pay to post it is a stupid rule. Potential buyers will not see the updates. From 10 Ads only 2 are 2011 updated and only you can see it if you go inside the topic. Now I can understand the reason than no more 10 Ads.

NSU, wake up! Allow the sellers unlimited reply in their topics.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eh? i sold quite a few things there (non sports card forum) just a few weeks ago and they never charged me. Confused

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:

Try first "free" forums like http://www.nonsportscardforum.com/

Just to point out that this forum is not free and is not open for sales unless in the proper paid section for advertisers.

Thank you.

This message brought to you by Wolfiemod. Big Grin

There is a trade board on NSCF that you can sell on for free. You can also check the general discussion area as there is a new site for selling cards listed there.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
glad to see we are all on the same page, getting rid of stuff is always hard there are other ways to get thru uni

Time to start selling blood and signing up to be a lab rat!

From reading it sounds like you might not want to collect them anymore. I have gone through that same phase twice before where I sell just about everything I have, walk away for a while and start up again in a few years collecting something else. Speaking from experience I would box them up for now unless you are in a real financial need.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on what you have, many collectors probably would be willing to pick up a large collection for the percentages listed, maybe even more. The interesting thing about this is that your collection is probably personal to you--not them, and made more interesting by the fact that if they actually wanted any of your non-sketch cards, they'd probably already have them.

Have you ever managed to network with any other collectors? Canada is a big place, and you would likely do better with people who didn't have to pay shipping. As someone who has bought large collections, it adds up quick and postage can quickly be a deal killer unless sellers are willing to cherry pick their collections. In that scenario, they'd probably do better to just e-bay the good stuff and take whatever they could get for the rest, if anything at all. I know I've filled the recycle box with cards a few times because of similair things.

I definitely feel your pain with taking a loss--I wrote in another thread that I paid about $2500 to assemble a set of hockey cards which can currently be had on the bay for BIN $66. You wouldn't even want to know about my DVD collection...

I am sure many of us would be interested in seeing your list if it gets posted in the for sale section. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
NSCF is free to sell. You will only need to contact the administrators for permission to post a topic.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post