Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Been busy today sorting my cards, so took a few piccies on the way.. here is my current Nimoy collection..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More awesome cards drofdarb! That 40th Anniversary Nimoy in particular is extremely rare and has been selling on eBay for $900.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Impressive indeed! And quite a logical collection. Fascinating too!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
nice collection!

Has Nimoy done anymore LLAP autos of late?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice collection.im so happy to see all those in one place!! Dance

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
one just sold on eBay for $750

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dang! I had no idea these were bringing so much now. . . maybe it's time to sell.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't know about that price for that card. Nimoy's market is strong, but he has Twilight Zone and Outer Limits and others around $300. Big Bang is higher. Different pack inserted Star Trek cards can be found in ranges way less than $750.

There is one of his LLAP cards up now asking $750, but the most recent sale I see was in the last month for $165.08. Because that card was personally given away with his tee shirt sales and I don't know how many he did, I would think that a regular issue ST card, or even the one per case from Heroes & Villains, might have a lower production.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I can confirm one sold OBO for $750. The Asking price was $1500.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
an Unsigned one is up on the usual place.

An artist who frequents this forum has it & a signed one up. I'd grab the unsigned one if it wasn't Back to school. I'd say it's far rarer than the signed one....

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
an Unsigned one is up on the usual place.

An artist who frequents this forum has it & a signed one up. I'd grab the unsigned one if it wasn't Back to school. I'd say it's far rarer than the signed one....

You can say it's me. Cool

Based on your epic sale, I can't justify any reason to hold onto mine when that's the new going price. We'll see if I get any bites.

As far as the unsigned version goes, it's definitely more rare (and may be the only one), but I don't know that there's the same market for it as a signed one. Feel free to make an offer once you're back to school. Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is this the biggest mark up for a free card in the history of non-sports or can anyone think of a better one?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember it being free, I think you had to make a donation of some kind, but it was a long time ago so maybe my unicorn mind is fuzzy about the details!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You had to buy a t-shirt. Mine is way too large for me to wear.

I remember hearing late about the card, so I called them up. The lady I talked to said all the cards were gone, but they'd held a few in reserve as spares and they had one left, and it was mine if I bought a shirt, so I thought about it for a split nano-second and said okay.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Is this the biggest mark up for a free card in the history of non-sports or can anyone think of a better one?

It all depends on the technicality of what you call free. You had to pay for the tee shirt, but the card was free.

You could say something similar about RA's autograph incentives and sketch incentive cards, which go for big money. Technically those cards were free to the dealers or bulk buyers who purchased whatever numbers of sets or cases were required to get them. That's a heck of a lot more money than for some ill fitting tee shirt though, so it's not the free part, but the requirement for free that counts. Big Grin

BTW, I think someone just bought the unsigned LLAP card for $500. Don't get me started on blank autograph cards, but congrats to Ted. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My fantastic avatar is two unsigned autograph cards! I think they are worth ten million credits each. Or maybe not.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I don’t remember it being free, I think you had to make a donation of some kind, but it was a long time ago so maybe my unicorn mind is fuzzy about the details!

yes it was a t-shirt promotion, if you purchased a t-shirt they threw in a free signed card.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
BTW, I think someone just bought the unsigned LLAP card for $500. Don't get me started on blank autograph cards, but congrats to Ted. Smile

Actually sold for $250. Could I have gotten more? I really don't know. But that was a fantastic offer that at the moment I just couldn't pass up.

I am curious, though... is that the highest amount for a non-autographed Star Trek card? Maybe Promoking can get me in touch with the Guinness pople? Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading about the LLAP card on this forum, literally bought the worst shirt ever (4 naked fat woman dancing?) to get the free card but it was done in a thick pen which I didn't like, sold it and bought the thin sharpie version. They were trading around $75-£100 back then.

Didn't realize it was worth so much now.

I actually have the entire TOS autograph set in a folder somewhere, must be worth a few bob now.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Actually sold for $250. Could I have gotten more? I really don't know. But that was a fantastic offer that at the moment I just couldn't pass up.

Sorry, my mistake. The way eBay leaves it, it looks like the listing closed with the BIN on the one page. The Sold listing notes an offer accepted, but still not what it was. Anyway its still a nice profit. Thumb Up