Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
If there are shirts available, does that mean there are still cards available? I totally want in on this deal. I don't see any mention of any cards.

**update**

I see the twitter post has been deleted, so I guess I missed this wave of cards. I'll subscribe to twitter and keep an eye on this offering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clearblue,

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time they closed the etsy shop when the cards ran out. I don't know exactly when the tweet got deleted, but I know a couple of friends of mine ordered theirs right around the time it disappeared. Hopefully they got one.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Last time I sent an e-mail kind of begging for a card, They said there was ONE left, and I got it.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
My Nimoy autograph arrived safely, today. No toploader this time. Thx to all that posted the information!

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I was going to, but I decided I didn't want the card that badly. What the heck are those photo designs? Eek

Maybe the good ones are gone. Wink

I know....I don't know that I'd want those most of those tshirts. I got the plain black one with LLAP on it, as I suspect many did. He appears to have....eccentric taste in photography. However, for $25, one could just use the shirt as a household rag. It's the card we're all really after anyway.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
So the card is avaliable with the llap shirt i thought you had to buy one of the photography shirts to get it

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, I also got the card with the LLAP shirt.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I think their original plan was to offer them only with the Sevret Selves shirts, but alot of people (Myslef included) got confused and ordered the LLAP one and they were kind enugh to honor the order and send the cards anyway.
As far as the "uniqueness" of the photography..shurg..he's having fun and isn't that what life is all about!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
I like some of the shirts and if the offer this again i want to order the LLAP i like that one

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, pretty good turn around to the UK. Nice card, no toploader, havent even looked at the shirt yet, left it in my draw at work.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nimoy LLP card no.2 arrived today.

This time I got the fine blue sharpie version which is nice and legible. It didn't come in a toploader but amazingly survived its transatlantic trip.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, too.
Blue sharpie and in top-loader.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived Tuesday, no toploader but the card was prefect.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I haven't got mine yet and I ordered before AJJ by a couple of days. I'm in Canada, so who knows... I also got some kind of confirmation e-mail from etsy that ended up in my spam box. I haven't replied to it, so maybe that's the problem... who knows. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The number cards supplied to Mr Nimoy seems to be increasing every week. I'm not complaining as it allows "collectors" to get a copy of an Official Leonard Nimoy autograph at a reasonable price.

I'm just wondering what is so "Special" about Mr Nimoy at Rittenhouse that they supply him with so many cards?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
The number cards supplied to Mr Nimoy seems to be increasing every week. I'm not complaining as it allows "collectors" to get a copy of an Official Leonard Nimoy autograph at a reasonable price.

I'm just wondering what is so "Special" about Mr Nimoy at Rittenhouse that they supply him with so many cards?

He probably agreed to sign for whatever set and in lieu of payment, took blank cards to promote his Etsy store. No firsthand knowledge, just a guess....
Regardless, I'm SO happy to finally have a card from him, even if he does end up signing 1000 of these.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can you imagine if Nimoy had never signed cards for any Trek set? I know its hard to imagine as he is such a willing signer and passionate ambassador for the series, but he could have been one of these actors who just doesn't want to know.
Fact is, he has lent his signature to a great many sets and with him being one of, if not the most iconic faces of the show, his participation is no doubt looked forward to by fans and strengthens any line up his card is in.

Its just good business to keep your star sweet. Give Nimoy freebies for his own ends and he'll no doubt keep signing cards until the day he dies. Win-win for collectors, dealers and the manufacturer.

Maybe more cards depresses the 'value' of a Nimoy auto card but lets face it, he's done so many already I think we're past worrying at this stage. His cards will always find a buyer anyway.
I think the large glut on eBay gives a false impression as to how many there really are. Unlike in regular sets, none of these are going to sit in unopened boxes, they essentially hit the market all in one go. Then you've also got many people who bought and sold simply to cash in. Once these sellers have made their sale, the cards will no doubt end up in the hands of collectors and fans who will be less inclined to let them go again in future. So once the offer ends I'm sure they will dry up pretty quick. I don't think Nimoy has been given an obscene amount, my best guess would be 200 cards at the lowest, 500 at the highest.

Finally, after seeing Cardaddict's collection of Nimoy's on page 6 of this thread, from a design layout and picture selection point of view, I think the LLAP Nimoy card is the best looking card he has signed by a mile.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps he paid RA to design an print 'em? As long as they don't match another RA card, I think it's a GREAT this as having cards from a known cards manufacturer adds legitimacy to these cards.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Perhaps he paid RA to design an print 'em? As long as they don't match another RA card, I think it's a GREAT this as having cards from a known cards manufacturer adds legitimacy to these cards.

As I indicated I'm not complaining, I have one of these along with a copy of most of his other Trek released autographs dating back to SkyBox.

This seems a plausable explanation Webjon.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally came today, in a top loader. (yay!) Got the "treeman" shirt, made in Haiti. --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post