Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Wolfie -- follow Mr Nimoy on twitter and he will post the web address to the store when more shirts go up for sale. Sales of the shirts automatically include the card, and the link is removed once they are sold out (or at least it was this time). I bought my shirt within 15 minutes of him posting that they were available on twitter, but some of the people on this thread bought theirs hours later.

And I am a big fan of Star Trek, I love Spock, and I am a fan of Mr Nimoy, but I would not have bought a shirt without a card being included. I will wear the shirt (probably to Comic Con), but I don't see anything wrong with people buying the shirt because they want the card -- and Mr Nimoy certainly seems intelligent and business savvy enough to recognize that his shirts (and by extension his photography, which is displayed on the shirts) will get more exposure by including something like the cards with each purchase.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for the collectors that are able to take adventage of this offering and it sounds like Mr. Nimoy is being extra friendly to cover missing signatures. Good for him, its nice to hear positive celebrity news. Thumb Up

Having said that, I like may others have mentioned, don't use twitter. In following the link here, it does seem as though you have to sign up to Nimoy's account to receive direct messages. While he mentions the website, I couldn't find an actual name.

I'm not sure why twitter is so important to this transaction, unless there are referrals involved. Why couldn't this be a straight merchandise sale on an authorized website? Did I miss something?

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
This was the original tweet from Tuesday. The offer has expired.

TheRealNimoy Leonard Nimoy
A few more special edition signed Spock cards available with purchase of Secret Selves shirt available now LLAP
link to store
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The link just took you to the store on etsy.com, which had no mention of the autograph card. To get ready for next time, I would register on etsy.com. That way when something is announced, you can just order from the store. The store name is SecretSelves.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
ALthough there is a store front, there was no mention of it on the site at all, so you'd need to rely on someone who does twitter to let you know.
I am not much into twitter, but I gotta say, by signing up for his twitter, I stumbled across Steve Martin's twitter and his is just too darn entertaining.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
I know I am a little late to the party here, but a quick question- The shop on Etsy says that there have been over 700 sales already.
Did all the people who purchased shirts get an autographed card?
If so, there has to be a lot of them out there.
Do you think Mr Nimoy got a special shipment of cards from Rittenhouse for this deal?
Just curious.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe the first round was 100 cards, the 2nd round took a long time to sell out -- half a day or more. . . wouldn't surprise me if that round was several hundred cards. . . so 700 doesn't seem off the mark.

I think it's awesome -- crank out the signatures so they are affordable and available for everyone!

It's awesome that the Trek actors are so supportive of our hobby. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
I agree- it is very nice of Mr. Nimoy to do this for his fans.
I am getting a shirt and a card as a present from my mom. I must admit, she is way more into Twitter and social networking than I am- sad really.
She saw the offer and ordered it for me.
I have been wanting a signed Nimoy/Spock card for ages but was never able to afford one or was worried that a cheap one was not real. This is the best of both worlds- an authentic signed card at a really good price- and I get a T-shirt also. Awesome.
Thank you Mr. Nimoy.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roswellian:
Do you think Mr Nimoy got a special shipment of cards from Rittenhouse for this deal?
Just curious.

Has anyone asked RA?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I got my shirt and card today. Notice I said 'card' and not 'autograph' -- it wasn't signed Frown

I emailed the seller, hopefully I can send it back so that Mr Nimoy can sign it.

Edit: proving that Spock is the second coolest person in the galaxy (behind Kirk, of course) I already got a reply:

quote:
Hi Jason,

I am so sorry about your card not being signed. No worries, Mr. Nimoy will sign another one and we can send it tomorrow to you. Hope that's alright.

Best,
Danielle

So you get a cool autograph and an unsigned variant as well - some have all the luck! Big Grin

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Got mine today!

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know I am a little late to the party here, but a quick question- The shop on Etsy says that there have been over 700 sales already.
Just curious.

He may have. Mine says ' LIVE LONG AND PROSPER' on the back. Made me think this was a special Rittenhouse card. Plus, if they didn't somehow authorize this, I suspect they would be freaking out right now.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Just curious.

He may have. Mine says ' LIVE LONG AND PROSPER' on the back. Made me think this was a special Rittenhouse card. Plus, if they didn't somehow authorize this, I suspect they would be freaking out right now.

Yes. Rittenhouse made a special card just for Mr. Nimoy. It's unknown how many exactly, but apparently there are "enough".

Second. It may be true that Etsy has sold over 700 shirts, but by no means did everyone get a card. The card has only been offered twice with a purchase of a shirt. Once in December in limited quantities. Rumoured to be around 100. And a second time last week in January. Also unknown how many, but they ran out of cards in about a day or two.

Chances are Mr. Nimoy will once again offer the cards, but when and how many will still be determined.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Looking back at the sales for SecretSelves, she has about 92 between today and the day the "special" was announced.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got mine today:

Dance Metal

Big Grin Already put it in my big binder o'autos next to my Zach Quinto.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
there are probably 300-500(just a wild guess.) I can't imagine Rittenhouse producing 1000 of these. Still, it's really the cheapest one will EVER get Nimoy's autograph. What a deal.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also notice there is a blue and black variant. Something else fun about this card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my t-shirt today with the autographed card. Great score. Thanks to the original poster for alerting us. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
No set. It was made special for him by RA for him to use.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Got my signed card yesterday.

Not sure what to do with the unsigned card, but it's nice to have something truly rare in the collection.

@X -- it's the same size as a normal card, not oversized.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
To those who have them in hand: are the cards the same size as other pack inserted Trek/RA autos or is it slightly oversized as the "personal use" cards usually are?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post