Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Leonard Nimoy LLAP card

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6457018595

August 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
drofdarb
Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Been busy today sorting my cards, so took a few piccies on the way.. here is my current Nimoy collection..

August 27, 2012, 11:33 AM
Logan
More awesome cards drofdarb! That 40th Anniversary Nimoy in particular is extremely rare and has been selling on eBay for $900.
August 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
cardaddict
Impressive indeed! And quite a logical collection. Fascinating too!
August 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Jake
nice collection!

Has Nimoy done anymore LLAP autos of late?

August 28, 2012, 02:54 PM
simpsonscardman
Nice collection.im so happy to see all those in one place!! Dance
July 31, 2019, 01:53 AM
Kryten67
one just sold on eBay for $750

July 31, 2019, 08:23 AM
webjon
Dang! I had no idea these were bringing so much now. . . maybe it's time to sell.
July 31, 2019, 12:48 PM
Raven
Don't know about that price for that card. Nimoy's market is strong, but he has Twilight Zone and Outer Limits and others around $300. Big Bang is higher. Different pack inserted Star Trek cards can be found in ranges way less than $750.

There is one of his LLAP cards up now asking $750, but the most recent sale I see was in the last month for $165.08. Because that card was personally given away with his tee shirt sales and I don't know how many he did, I would think that a regular issue ST card, or even the one per case from Heroes & Villains, might have a lower production.
August 05, 2019, 02:09 AM
Kryten67
I can confirm one sold OBO for $750. The Asking price was $1500.

August 14, 2019, 12:03 AM
Kryten67
an Unsigned one is up on the usual place.

An artist who frequents this forum has it & a signed one up. I'd grab the unsigned one if it wasn't Back to school. I'd say it's far rarer than the signed one....

August 14, 2019, 09:38 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
an Unsigned one is up on the usual place.

An artist who frequents this forum has it & a signed one up. I'd grab the unsigned one if it wasn't Back to school. I'd say it's far rarer than the signed one....

You can say it's me. Cool

Based on your epic sale, I can't justify any reason to hold onto mine when that's the new going price. We'll see if I get any bites.

As far as the unsigned version goes, it's definitely more rare (and may be the only one), but I don't know that there's the same market for it as a signed one. Feel free to make an offer once you're back to school. Big Grin
August 14, 2019, 04:03 PM
wolfie
Is this the biggest mark up for a free card in the history of non-sports or can anyone think of a better one?

August 14, 2019, 09:53 PM
Batman
I don’t remember it being free, I think you had to make a donation of some kind, but it was a long time ago so maybe my unicorn mind is fuzzy about the details!

August 14, 2019, 09:54 PM
cardaddict
You had to buy a t-shirt. Mine is way too large for me to wear.

I remember hearing late about the card, so I called them up. The lady I talked to said all the cards were gone, but they'd held a few in reserve as spares and they had one left, and it was mine if I bought a shirt, so I thought about it for a split nano-second and said okay.
August 14, 2019, 10:33 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Is this the biggest mark up for a free card in the history of non-sports or can anyone think of a better one?

It all depends on the technicality of what you call free. You had to pay for the tee shirt, but the card was free.

You could say something similar about RA's autograph incentives and sketch incentive cards, which go for big money. Technically those cards were free to the dealers or bulk buyers who purchased whatever numbers of sets or cases were required to get them. That's a heck of a lot more money than for some ill fitting tee shirt though, so it's not the free part, but the requirement for free that counts. Big Grin

BTW, I think someone just bought the unsigned LLAP card for $500. Don't get me started on blank autograph cards, but congrats to Ted. Smile
August 14, 2019, 10:48 PM
cardaddict
My fantastic avatar is two unsigned autograph cards! I think they are worth ten million credits each. Or maybe not.
August 15, 2019, 05:48 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I don’t remember it being free, I think you had to make a donation of some kind, but it was a long time ago so maybe my unicorn mind is fuzzy about the details!

yes it was a t-shirt promotion, if you purchased a t-shirt they threw in a free signed card.

August 15, 2019, 11:07 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
BTW, I think someone just bought the unsigned LLAP card for $500. Don't get me started on blank autograph cards, but congrats to Ted. Smile

Actually sold for $250. Could I have gotten more? I really don't know. But that was a fantastic offer that at the moment I just couldn't pass up.

I am curious, though... is that the highest amount for a non-autographed Star Trek card? Maybe Promoking can get me in touch with the Guinness pople? Big Grin
August 15, 2019, 11:22 AM
drofdarb
I remember reading about the LLAP card on this forum, literally bought the worst shirt ever (4 naked fat woman dancing?) to get the free card but it was done in a thick pen which I didn't like, sold it and bought the thin sharpie version. They were trading around $75-£100 back then.

Didn't realize it was worth so much now.

I actually have the entire TOS autograph set in a folder somewhere, must be worth a few bob now.
August 15, 2019, 12:29 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Actually sold for $250. Could I have gotten more? I really don't know. But that was a fantastic offer that at the moment I just couldn't pass up.

Sorry, my mistake. The way eBay leaves it, it looks like the listing closed with the BIN on the one page. The Sold listing notes an offer accepted, but still not what it was. Anyway its still a nice profit. Thumb Up