Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
To those who have them in hand: are the cards the same size as other pack inserted Trek/RA autos or is it slightly oversized as the "personal use" cards usually are?


same size as regular cards i was told by a reliable source they were produced for mr nimoy

____________________
"Excuse Me While I Whip This Out" Cleavon Little
 
Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received the autographed card today, so now I've got one blank and one signed. Cool stuff! Thumb Up
 
Posts: 1286 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Received the autographed card today, so now I've got one blank and one signed. Cool stuff! Thumb Up


ted the blanks gotta be more rare then the signed at this point i would think

____________________
"Excuse Me While I Whip This Out" Cleavon Little
 
Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Just received my T-Shirt and Signed Card in the U.K. Big Grin

It took just over a week from when I purchased it.

Dave.

____________________
Blue Horseshoe Loves Trading Cards.
 
Posts: 277 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Etsy certainly are on the ball when it comes to shipping times.

My weird tree-man t-shirt landed on the doorstep today along with the Nimoy auto in a toploader. I'm pleased I got the black ink variant as its a bit more legible than the fat-blue version.

Thanks to those who alerted us to the offer. I'll be honest, I did think about selling it as it would certainly be a nice profit (which I could use for the next Bond set!), but I don't think I can let it go. Don't think I'll ever have another chance to put an official Nimoy auto in my collection for £25. BARGAIN.

Its great that Nimoy would offer such a cool item to fans - he's a credit to himself as an actor.
 
Posts: 2939 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received mine today. Elephant
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Received mine too today Smile
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisST:
Someone is already selling it...how sad. I ordered a shirt too and will be getting a card. I can't wait to have it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Ritte...&hash=item2eb27c29e1

That was my listing, and while I don't feel like I should have to defend the fact that I sold it, I figure I might as well say something since I'm a member here. While I would have liked to keep the card for the PC- when I saw how much they were going for, I couldn't pass it up. I have bills to pay, so I was able to sell it, donate ~$28 to ASPCA, and have a "free" t shirt, plus a nice chunk to go towards said bills. If because I sold my card a collector out there wasn't able to add this card to their collection because they ran out, I apologize- however I did what made sense and I don't see anything wrong with that.

____________________
Universal Cards & Collectibles Omaha - Owner
 
Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Real Matt:
That was my listing, and while I don't feel like I should have to defend the fact that I sold it, I figure I might as well say something since I'm a member here. While I would have liked to keep the card for the PC- when I saw how much they were going for, I couldn't pass it up. I have bills to pay, so I was able to sell it, donate ~$28 to ASPCA, and have a "free" t shirt, plus a nice chunk to go towards said bills. If because I sold my card a collector out there wasn't able to add this card to their collection because they ran out, I apologize- however I did what made sense and I don't see anything wrong with that.


There's nothing wrong with that and, because you did sell it, some other collector was happy to get it at a price he was willing to pay. Everybody wins and no explanation is necessary. Smile
 
Posts: 7119 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by The Real Matt:
That was my listing, and while I don't feel like I should have to defend the fact that I sold it, I figure I might as well say something since I'm a member here. While I would have liked to keep the card for the PC- when I saw how much they were going for, I couldn't pass it up. I have bills to pay, so I was able to sell it, donate ~$28 to ASPCA, and have a "free" t shirt, plus a nice chunk to go towards said bills. If because I sold my card a collector out there wasn't able to add this card to their collection because they ran out, I apologize- however I did what made sense and I don't see anything wrong with that.


There's nothing wrong with that and, because you did sell it, some other collector was happy to get it at a price he was willing to pay. Everybody wins and no explanation is necessary. Smile


Perfectly put Raven!

____________________
Shiny! Faerie Metal & Photography - Specializing in Custom Metal Printing!
https://www.facebook.com/faeriephotos
www.faeriemetal.com
 
Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
it's cool, You can do what you want. I just think its taking advantage of Mr. Nimoy's generosity for personal gain by selling it and making a buck.
That's all. No big deal. No need to have a reaction like that. Not attacking anyone who chose to sell it. As far as bills..sometime you gotta do what ya gotta do..to pay them.
 
Posts: 22 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Real Matt:
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisST:
Someone is already selling it...how sad. I ordered a shirt too and will be getting a card. I can't wait to have it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Ritte...&hash=item2eb27c29e1

That was my listing, and while I don't feel like I should have to defend the fact that I sold it, I figure I might as well say something since I'm a member here. While I would have liked to keep the card for the PC- when I saw how much they were going for, I couldn't pass it up. I have bills to pay, so I was able to sell it, donate ~$28 to ASPCA, and have a "free" t shirt, plus a nice chunk to go towards said bills. If because I sold my card a collector out there wasn't able to add this card to their collection because they ran out, I apologize- however I did what made sense and I don't see anything wrong with that.


Hey, we all need those extra bucks sometimes. $28 to the ASPCA is a good thing too. Smile
I'm SURE that Nimoy knows that some people will resell. I doubt he's concerned with that, he's trying to get his LLAP brand name out there.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
 
Posts: 3016 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived this Morning. Card ( Black ink version) was in a top loader and very carefully packaged in the LLAP Tee. I ordered my usual size (UK Standard) but the Tee is at least two sizes too big. Is that normal for USA tee’s to be much bigger than UK’s?

____________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
 
Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes all American clothing is way oversize compared to UK clothing.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 27733 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I notice the LLAP Tee was made in Bangladesh. Here was I hoping the label would say “Made on Vulcan” oh well.

____________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
 
Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
I notice the LLAP Tee was made in Bangladesh. Here was I hoping the label would say “Made on Vulcan” oh well.


My Shirt stated made in Egypt.
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived this Morning. Card ( Black ink version)

Made in Haiti
 
Posts: 765 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Still wish I could figure out how to get 1. Confused Confused Confused

____________________
The early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.
 
Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Well, I joined TWITTER too late of course, but in case the cards are offered again, how exactly did you guys get one? And how were they paid for? Paypal?
 
Posts: 1799 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Well, I joined TWITTER too late of course, but in case the cards are offered again, how exactly did you guys get one? And how were they paid for? Paypal?

Yes, I used paypal. Don't remember if credit cards were an option or not.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
 
Posts: 3016 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card

© Non-Sport Update 2013