Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Leonard Nimoy LLAP card

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6457018595

January 05, 2011, 09:03 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Also ordered, thanks for the heads-up, this is such a cool offer!
January 05, 2011, 10:29 AM
pmw1
http://twitter.com/TheRealNimoy
January 05, 2011, 10:32 AM
ts
Put my order in. Lets hope.

Treksearcher, did you email asking them? Or did they just send a confirmation email and it said it would include the auto?

Thanks!
January 05, 2011, 10:36 AM
X
Thanks for the link - just ordered one.

I asked if they could use a toploader because I've seen one of these cards on ebay with a massive tear in it so fear it will just get "chucked in" with the t-shirt.

Just an idea... but if everyone asks the same, I think there is a much better chance the seller will oblige which would of course benefit us all.
January 05, 2011, 11:13 AM
treksearcher
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Put my order in. Lets hope.

Treksearcher, did you email asking them? Or did they just send a confirmation email and it said it would include the auto?

Thanks!

When I made the payment I added a message asking if I would receive an autograph and received a reply confirming that a Nimoy autograph card would be sent with the Tee Shirt.

Actual message received "You will receive a signed Spock trading card along with your shirt."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,
January 05, 2011, 05:09 PM
X
Got confirmation I will be receiving an auto and it will come in a "card holder".

Even if the shipping cost about as much as the shirt, I think this is one of the best £25 I've ever spent on a card.
January 05, 2011, 07:24 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
I succumbed as well. I have no idea what this tshirt is I ordered, but giving the card away with a purchase sold Mr. Nimoy a lot of shirts!

January 05, 2011, 08:25 PM
The website says the cards are sold out now....

January 06, 2011, 07:22 AM
STCardGeek
I hope like crazy alot of these cards end up in the hands of end-users (us card lovers!!!) and not in resell hands. It may be a baseless hope, but it is one i have nonetheless. THere are so few fun chances to get a really great card like this.

January 06, 2011, 08:15 AM
archifou
Got confirmation I will get the card too Smile
January 06, 2011, 09:17 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Got confirmation I will get the card too Smile

Ditto!!
January 06, 2011, 09:28 AM
STCardGeek
Everyone who buys a shirt, be sure and leave good feedback. The person who runs the store seems super sweet and I love finding super sweet people!

January 06, 2011, 10:21 AM
wolfie
Is it easy to tell the diffrence between these cards and the hobby auto's he has done in the past.?

January 06, 2011, 11:08 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Is it easy to tell the diffrence between these cards and the hobby auto's he has done in the past.?

Chris Cline mentioned a 2010 copyright in his initial post... Don't know if there's a card number.
January 06, 2011, 12:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Everyone who buys a shirt, be sure and leave good feedback. The person who runs the store seems super sweet and I love finding super sweet people!

Good idea. I'm new to this 'Etsy' thing, but I will leave feedback because my experience thus far has been nothing but pleasant and VERY helpful.

January 07, 2011, 04:40 PM
prospect5k
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my Nimoy autograph today. Here are scans of the card. I couldn't be happier!!!

January 07, 2011, 04:52 PM
Miss Lizzy
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my Nimoy autograph today. Here are scans of the card. I couldn't be happier!!!

Awesome Clap

Can't wait to get my dino-girl shirt.
Oh, and my auto. Big Grin

January 07, 2011, 05:34 PM
prospect5k
The autograph was shipped in a top loader, which was wrapped in tissue paper with the shirt. Then mailed in a flat-rate envelope.
January 07, 2011, 07:25 PM
Jason00
I got my shirt and card today. Notice I said 'card' and not 'autograph' -- it wasn't signed Frown

I emailed the seller, hopefully I can send it back so that Mr Nimoy can sign it.

Edit: proving that Spock is the second coolest person in the galaxy (behind Kirk, of course) I already got a reply:

quote:
Hi Jason,

I am so sorry about your card not being signed. No worries, Mr. Nimoy will sign another one and we can send it tomorrow to you. Hope that's alright.

Best,
Danielle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

January 07, 2011, 08:15 PM
Miss Lizzy
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I got my shirt and card today. Notice I said 'card' and not 'autograph' -- it wasn't signed Frown

I emailed the seller, hopefully I can send it back so that Mr Nimoy can sign it.

Edit: proving that Spock is the second coolest person in the galaxy (behind Kirk, of course) I already got a reply:

quote:
Hi Jason,

I am so sorry about your card not being signed. No worries, Mr. Nimoy will sign another one and we can send it tomorrow to you. Hope that's alright.

Best,
Danielle

Wow! That was a quick response.
Talk about fantastic customer service Clap