Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy LLAP card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
Ok I have a question for everyone. Last night I got one of the coolest Christmas gifts ever. It was a tshirt with LLAP on it which of course stands for Live Long and Prosper, but the best thing is it caome with an autographed Leonard Nimoy card. The card is marked 2010 and is made by Rittenhouse in the old Skybox style. The picture is from i believe Amok Time. Does anyone know anything about this card? How many were made? I'am sorry my scaner is down but I will try and put up a picture when I can.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
100 were made, they were given away by Nimoy through an offer on his Twitter account.

One recently sold on eBay for $550.

Nice present!

I wrote about this on webjon.com several days ago, there might be a bit more info there.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ohh, and the card was free with the purchase of a tee shirt. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks for the info...

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure the 100 cards noted in the Ebay auctionne is accurante. It could be he signs 100 at a time...he's had one offering and is planning another in January, which should let more get the cards.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Is there anywhere else except Twitter that these offers are posted? I don't use Twitter, but would love to have a chance to get Nimoy's John Hancock on a Trek card at a reasonable price (by buying a T-shirt or something)...

I have his autograph on a Twilght Zone card, but not a Trek card...

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I"ll be announcing it to my peeps when the store tells me the sale is on. It's my feverent hope that the cards make it to collectors and not resellers and that fun may be had by many.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Thansk for the heads up I have a friend that would love to get one as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Is there anywhere else except Twitter that these offers are posted? I don't use Twitter, but would love to have a chance to get Nimoy's John Hancock on a Trek card at a reasonable price (by buying a T-shirt or something)...

Thanks.

Mike.

I would also like the opportunity to get one of these Elephant but like Mike I don't use Twitter.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I"ll be announcing it to my peeps when the store tells me the sale is on.

Just your peeps? Can you let your minions know too?

Thnx. ;-)

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
If you use Twitter, you might want to check it right now. I just bought my 1st SecretSelves shirt from him on etsy. I can't wait!!!

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Do you need a Twitter account to get the Nimoy autograph card with the shirt?

Thanks guys Wink

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. Sent you an email w/ the original tweet.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
If you use Twitter, you might want to check it right now. I just bought my 1st SecretSelves shirt from him on etsy. I can't wait!!!

I bought one, too, and I bought it within minutes of him announcing they were for sale on twitter. It didn't mention anything about the card, though, so I hope it is included automatically Confused

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Earlier in the day I sent a message to the store and ask about the autograph offer and the lady running it said all I had to do was order a SecretSelves shirt and it would be included so I did and this was roughly 5hrs ago. Hope I squeeked through lol.

If not my gf got a shirt she likes.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ordered my shirt hopefully ill get the autograph. Big Grin

Posts: 20 | Location: CLEARWATER,FL | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've also ordered a Tee Shirt, so hopefully will receive an autograph Elephant

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the t-shirt as well. I hope I was in time to get the signed card as well. Guess I'll know when the shirt arrives. Thanks for the updates on the sale. Would have never checked twitter.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up. We will see. Mike

Posts: 18 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've received an email stating I will receive a Nimoy Autograph. Fingers crossed. Thumb Up