Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK Dealers
 Login/Join

Picture of william291077
posted
Howdy

I am looking for dealers in the UK who can provide boxes/cases of current product.

At the moment I am always behind with releases because I have to get them shipped from the US or wait until a UK based eBay store lists them.

If there are any dealers or members who use a dealer in the UK who read this can they get in touch.

Thanks.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi william,have you tried card collectors ?
they ve been pretty good for me over the last few years.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I used to use Derek's Trading Cards a lot, as I used to see them every month at London card marts when I lived in London.

Since moving to Devon, I tend to use US sellers more, as there are a few that simply get better rates, even allowing for customs fees.

UK wise since then - GazzaGames is good, as it Stargate_UK - both in terms of sketches on the Rittenhouse side of the fence.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy

I am looking for dealers in the UK who can provide boxes/cases of current product.

At the moment I am always behind with releases because I have to get them shipped from the US or wait until a UK based eBay store lists them.

If there are any dealers or members who use a dealer in the UK who read this can they get in touch.

Thanks.

Hi william291077 - please drop me an email - sales@umbrellatradingcards.co.uk

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Tried to send you an email but you have no address in your profile. Frown

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
At least 2 advertise in NSU. Given articles on the site - these are the people you need to contact

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem - I don't even need new products, I just want to buy without the customs fees!

Posts: 31 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
custom charges are a huge pain,especially as i picture them fixing the charge on who's up for a round of drinks.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
custom charges are a huge pain,especially as i picture them fixing the charge on who's up for a round of drinks.

I don't think its quite that bad but I know someone who used to do it and he said it quite often came down to what kind of a mood he was in and who else was there.

If he had a hangover from the night before everything just got passed through but if certain other staff were there he had to do the job properly or get reported.

When he left the job a year or so ago he said they were beginning to get a lot more pressure from above to charge for everything possible even if it was only a couple of pounds.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,does anyone know how I can get in touch with Artfan ?

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
quote:
hi bealay,you have a katie cook i ed love to own
tell me your needs i m sure i ve got something you want or need.
brody.real@ntlworld.com

Hi there,

Sorry, only just seen this - and also got your message via Facebook.

It's not a Cook, it's Sanna U, but let's email direct - I replied via Facebook.

Cheers,

Ian

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses.

I have tried both the advertisers in NSU and neither were able to help me. One of them did in fact point me in the direction of Cardcollectors and I had a long chat with the chap there. I emailed him my wants list as requested and have heard nothing since despite a follow up email. I went online to the Cardcollectors site but other than Heroes Archives I couldn't get anything I wanted.

I have now missed out on the Lady Death Sketch series, essentially, and want to be in contact with a UK based dealer prior to Thor in March.

I will contact those who have asked me to do so and I have added my email to my profile Wolfie.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: william291077,

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lilytoby:
I have the same problem - I don't even need new products, I just want to buy without the customs fees!

The UK dealers still have to pay customs fees

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i just got a custom charge this morning for £17.09 for something that cost $59.00 IT IS A PAIN

William theres a shop in new york i get a lot of my stuff from,reasonably priced,guaranteed delivery (in my experience) 6/7 days ( quicker than some uk sellers) no custom charge and i always get a couple of free packets and promos thrown in.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilytoby:

The UK dealers still have to pay customs fees

I'd rather pay full price up-front, instead of coming home from college to find that my Nan has had to give £20 to the postman. All of my money is in my bank account, so it's a real pain!

Posts: 31 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
theres a shop in new york i get a lot of my stuff from,reasonably priced,guaranteed delivery (in my experience) 6/7 days ( quicker than some uk sellers) no custom charge and i always get a couple of free packets and promos thrown in.

As someone who ships many international shipments a week, there is no such thing as guaranteed delivery to anywhere. Things just don't work that way with the various postal systems involved.

And, there is NO WAY they can guarantee no customs charges if they are not breaking the law. A knowingly incorrect customs form is breaking the law.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Every time i've bought a case i've never had to pay import duty.
Unless it's just slipped under the radar.
Couriers *always* check the declaration and DHL are notorious for making up mystery charges saying they're customs fees (on low-value items) when they're not.
As a seller i refuse to cater to the cheapskate buyer who wants to avoid import duty, because as Ed said, it's illegal and if it went missing you'd only br able to claim for the value you declared.

My 2c Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had my eric roberts heroes auto go missing and the post still tried to get the customs charge off me,
i buy am item abroad,i pay postage but yet it has to have this ridiculous extra,i just got my SI box off ed there was a £17.09 extra charge,and although they are fanastic cards,at the end of the day its not worth loosing that amount everytime you buy something,thats my 3rd charge this year,which included a charge on a $37.00 sketch card

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For UK Cardtalkers more information on Customs and Excise charges can be found by simply googling "Customs and Excise charges" and following the links. It appears that it is no different than for goods you bring in yourself when returning from overseas.

I did this after receiving charges on 4 or 5 packages that got caught up together following last years "Ash" clouds.

I presume other countries have similar guidelines.

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
For UK Cardtalkers more information on Customs and Excise charges can be found by simply googling "Customs and Excise charges" and following the links. It appears that it is no different than for goods you bring in yourself when returning from overseas.

I can only speak from my own experience of visiting the USA but there is a big difference in the value of goods you can bring in.Each adult is allowed up to £390 in goods when coming back via plane from outside the EU.It's why I always order loads of cards to be delivered to my hotel when I go to Las Vegas.I save more in taxes than the cost of the flight.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post