Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    International Shipping
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Shipping
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Inkworks & Rittenhouse both use a toploader in a plain white envelope with a stamp stuck on the front to the tune of about 84cents and i have never heard of anyone having a problem.

I've had a problem with this from sellers who ship cards in a top loader and regular envelope. According to my post office, envelopes go through postal sorting machines that bend the envelopes at a 90 degree angle. Not only is there potential to damage the card, but the envelopes can rip along the edge of the top loader. This has happened to me several times, and the tears in the envelopes were so big that I was very lucky my cards didn't fall out. While I would chance it for a common promo, I wouldn't for a card that had more value.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I have never had anyone say they did not get what i sent and demand a refund and i have never not recieved what was sent to me.

You're very lucky, then. I've had three buyers (two in the UK and one Germany) have problems with First Class International items either not arriving or taking a great many weeks to arrive.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I ship any of my Topps returned cards that go overseas by Express mail. Just about everything else I ship first class.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I find it very frustrating that some U.S dealers have U.S. only items on buy now that are not selling that I would happily pay the asking price for but they will not even let me ask a question about shipping.

I understand when they may have had problems selling abroad but surely it would be polite let the question be asked. Problems can happen even when selling in your own country. What may be easy to obtain in one country may have value to someone in another country and it seems they are restricting tha potential buyers due a few problems in the past.

I sometimes sell to overseas bidders and it can be "worrying" until they have left feedback acknowledging the item has arrived.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I charge $5 for totals under $100 and around $30 for totals over $100. I do not risk having a charge back on me on totals over $100 so I fully insure the package. This also means that full value has to be declared on the customs form so usually international bidders don't bid on my high end items. I really prefer it that way because A) there is a much greater risk of charge back, and B) I have to wait in line at the PO to ship internationally and I really hate that.

btw...some of the big UK sellers start charging a lot on shipping at $50 when shipping internationally (see hux777).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
See i have no problem with that, an exspensive card needs some protection but there are dealers in the USA on ebay who want crazy postage to send a $2 promo.

I just laugh and leave them to it. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
For the first time I can remember, I have come across an Ebay seller that won't ship to the UK. Unusual? It is this time, as the seller lives in Cheshire, UK.
Any thoughts as to why they won't sell on their own doorstep Confused Confused Confused

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I reckon they pressed the wrong button on shipping

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Any thoughts as to why they won't sell on their own doorstep Confused Confused Confused
Why not ask them through eBay ? If it's a mistake, they'll probably be happy to have the error pointed out.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've asked twice with no reply. Judging by the specifics of the shipping countries, it looks as though this was an informed choice. Still wonder why Confused

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the first time I can remember, I have come across an Ebay seller that won't ship to the UK. Unusual? It is this time, as the seller lives in Cheshire, UK.

The only thing I can think of is a tax issue.

Here in the states, there are sellers who won't sell to their home state due to the requirement to pay sales tax on in-state sales.

But I don't see much logic in not selling to your home country.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've asked twice with no reply. Judging by the specifics of the shipping countries, it looks as though this was an informed choice. Still wonder why

Can you post the ebay name or the item number.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
quote:
I've asked twice with no reply. Judging by the specifics of the shipping countries, it looks as though this was an informed choice. Still wonder why

Can you post the ebay name or the item number.

Dave.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to here, but if you send me an email (address in my profile) I'll send you the details.

posted Hide Post
email sent.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just had a look at the listings and all I can think of is it is a way to avoid paying VAT through a tax loophole.

I also think it is an one of multiple eBay accounts from the same company using different locations around the country.

Dave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blue Horseshoe,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Three Eek emails sent. I got a reply. He says he will ship in the UK but can't change the listings Roll Eyes

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three Eek emails sent. I got a reply. He says he will ship in the UK but can't change the listings Roll Eyes

It's probably the same seller that I've emailed without a response.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Been waiting for a package from Canada since around December 13th Frown

Had a package from Canada posted on the 29th and it got here last week. So I'm a bit worried, what are the chances of it being lost?

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Char_Baby:

Had a package from Canada posted on the 29th and it got here last week. So I'm a bit worried, what are the chances of it being lost?

50/50, could just be in a pile of Christmas post whilst the one sent on 29th sailed through!! Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Very true, hoping it filters through soon though.

Was a load of Dexter inserts and an auto from Season 1. Frown

Edit: Got another package from Canada again today but not the one i'm wanting and waiting for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Char_Baby,

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Char_Baby:

My Dad sent me a small package from NY on the 17 December, didn't arrive until Jan 9th.

Address was perfect and no Customs stamp. Sometimes they just get hung up for no reason!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post