Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Pixar Treasures Reel Piece Of History ERROR Card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Pixar Treasures Reel Piece Of History ERROR Card?
 Login/Join

Picture of Portlaw
posted
I've a completed set of these cards, one of my favourite sets and was looking through these earlier today and when I was looking at my 5 Toy Story 2 reel piece of history cards I noticed that one of the cards had a reel from Toy Story (1). The reel depicted Buzz and Woody on the floor of Sid's room.

Just wondering has anyone else noticed any errors or is this card even an error?

I'll try upload pictures later Smile

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I've seen several errors with these cards over the years including frames from the wrong movie mounted in the card and also a few with frames that are upside down.

The error in the card you have would only be caught by people who really know their Toy Story (Stories?), so it's not too drastic of an error, and you can certainly see how it happened. Still, pretty cool, and anything that differentiates a card from the other thousands like it is usually a very good thing. Most of these cards in general are pretty unique, though, as there are so many different pieces of film in a given reel.

I have about 40 film cards from my own personal favorite "Nightmare Before Christmas" from between the two series they were issued in (II & III). I'm working on getting film frames of every single character from the movie, no easy task as there are so many, and some only appear briefly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info it's of great help Smile

I know the Toy Story movies pretty well, definitely my favourite disney films so I'm delighted to have an error of Toy Story.

I'm trying to get the main characters of the 5 films that were produced into film reel cards for the disney pixar treasures set as well but for example Finding Nemo I've only found reels of the short film that was on before the film and the characters of nemo's mother and father never of Nemo himself or Dory. But I remain hopeful and wish you the best of luck with your collection Smile

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've opened quite a few of the Pixar boxes and I'm pretty sure the Finding Nemo card is the toughest one to find. (Monsters, Inc. is not so easy, either. "A Bug's Life" is SUPER common, and I think at least half or more of the boxes hold those.)

I have seen Nemo cards with frames from the Pixar short film being mounted in the card instead, and those really are error cards, too. It could be that some of the prints of "Finding Nemo" were the ultra modern digital kind, so maybe there are less actual film copies of it to be had and that's why it's so scarce.

I've probably had three or four of the Nemo one in all, and all of them had characters from Finding Nemo in them. I only have one left for my own set, but its a beautiful pair of frames showing Nemo himself.

Good luck with your set!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
In my experience I've gotten 9 packed pulled reel pieces and found Toy Story 2 to be the easiest. I got:
5 Toy Story 2
2 Bugs Life
1 Toy Story
1 Finding Nemo

I currently have 3 of the finding nemo reels and 2 of are the pixar short which is cool to have but not when the card says finding nemo, I would prefer if they were from the movie.

I'm just after buying a case of this with each box working out at just a little over $20 and will post my results Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, you'll make two full sets of the Film cards (with nothing but main characters in the frames Smile).

You should be able to assemble some complete base and regular chase sets, too, and those are tough to make UNLESS you pick up a lot of boxes at once. Those are good trade (or sale) bait in the future. I think less of these were made than the first 3 Disney Treasures sets, and people sure love the Pixar!

Back to the film frames in the cards, I see plenty of Nemo and Sully film clips in your very near future, good luck!

Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Does Upper Deck still have the Disney License? They seem like a natural fit for more card sets.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To your original question. When these first came out TOy Story reel cards were super cheap on eBay so I picked up plenty. There are MANY "error" cards where film clips from TS1 are in a TS2 card (or vice-a-versa). Not particularly rare.

As for Finding Nemo, my experience was mostly they were from the short and the only ones I've ever seen from the actual film were from the beginning of the movie. I've not seen any that had characters other then the Nemo family.

My theory as to what happened was these cards were done last and they ran out of time, so they stopped after the short (beginning of the film) and the first few minutes of the actual movie.

Posts: 7 | Location: CT | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What about a beauty and the beast card with sleeping beauty's fairies in the reels? Has anyone else ever come across one if those because I just got one today and that is what it is...

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember having one like that, with frames of the 3 Sleeping Beauty fairies in the wrong card, but I can't remember if they were in a Beauty and the Beast card. Still, that it's now two different cards that have been found with the fairies from another movie in the film cells makes it a strange coincidence at a minimum.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hmmm very odd if I could post pics I would show you :/ they are great shots of the fairies

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post