Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    AC/DC & Pink Floyd Trading Cards Coming
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AC/DC & Pink Floyd Trading Cards Coming
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
While looking through my new Rolling Stone today, I spotted two new products coming with what appears to be trading cards. The first is AC/DC's Let There Be Rock Blu-Ray and DVD. According to the ad, "The 30th Anniversary limited and numbered tin includes: Tribute Book, Guitar Pick, & Collector Cards". This makes me wonder if Press Pass produced the cards as they were planning an AC/DC card set but later cancelled it.

The second item is the Pink Flord reissues coming in September and later. The image in Rolling Stones shows what appear to be cards. The reissues are coming in a variety of packages and apparently the box set version is the one you'll want to hunt for. I did some Google-ing and found a site stating "these lavish box sets will be a hardback book designed by Storm Thorgerson with photos, a ticket replica, a backstage pass replica, marbles, coasters, collector's cards, art work from Thorgerson, and even a scarf!". I also saw on another site that Pink Floyd plans to use some sort of e-collector cards as part of their promotion of the reissues.

If you're interested in either of these, you better start saving now! Especially for the Pink Floyd reissues, which look pricey. Red Face

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Now this is weird {insert Twilight Zone music here}...

I haven't read Rolling Stone magazine since I was in college. Yesterday, we get the current issue in our mailbox {Stephen Tyler on the cover} by mistake. The label has someone else's name but my address on it. Now this little bit of info on the forums.

I guess I'll have to open it up and see if I can find these advertisements or announcements.

I told you it was weird. Smokin'

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Yesterday, we get the current issue in our mailbox {Stephen Tyler on the cover} by mistake.

Fred

That is weird, Fred!! Red Face

The two items I mentioned are actually in the issue after that one -- with Lady Gaga on the cover (Issue 1132 - June 9, 2011)

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Yesterday, we get the current issue in our mailbox {Stephen Tyler on the cover} by mistake.

Fred

That is weird, Fred!! Red Face

The two items I mentioned are actually in the issue after that one -- with Lady Gaga on the cover (Issue 1132 - June 9, 2011)

Well, since my address is on this issue, maybe I'll get the next one with Lady Gaga {issue #1131} ?

Thanks for the 'heads-up' though, regarding the cards.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I can see this Pink Floyd box set being very hard on the budget. Red Face

But, I'll start saving now because I've got to have it, not just for the cards but there are several Floyd albums (yes, vinyl) that I never upgraded to CD. Metal

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
There is a picture of the AC/DC Set, On Amazon UK - showing what looks like large cards

Posts: 12155 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
There is a picture of the AC/DC Set, On Amazon UK - showing what looks like large cards

Yeah, I see what you mean. That is a larger version of what's in Rolling Stone and you're right, those do look to be larger -- about the same size at the DVD's.