Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
How do they do it?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6327090296

December 03, 2019, 09:15 AM
promoking
How do they do it?
I occasionally sell my doubles on Ebay and the lowest shipping with tracking I can ship for is $2.64.

Granted I'm not their biggest seller so I imagine some volume sellers get a bigger discount on shipping but I've often wondered how so many sellers can post an item for sale as a BIN for $2.99 or less with free shipping. By the time Ebay and paypal take their cut, what is left for that seller? What is the incentive?

December 03, 2019, 09:27 AM
Logan
They most likely ship in a plain white envelope with just a stamp and no tracking. I can see shipping that way for a small value card or two shipped to a friend, but I don't think I would risk it on eBay. I guess other sellers find the risk acceptable. If one transaction goes bad while hundreds more go good, it may be worth it to them.
December 03, 2019, 10:36 AM
webjon
Shipping costs and selling fees are really making it tough to sell anything that isn't high dollar.
December 03, 2019, 12:21 PM
wuher
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I occasionally sell my doubles on Ebay and the lowest shipping with tracking I can ship for is $2.64

Think about us in the UK most eBay sellers start there shipping @ $15 and with the global shipping program that quickly works it way up to $25, that's for a $1 card

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
December 03, 2019, 02:41 PM
ifish73
A lot of sellers have a dollar threshold where they send in a plain white envelope without tracking.
I believe it is $0.84 for non-machinable without tracking.
December 03, 2019, 07:39 PM
promoking
What I'm reading is that it's hit or miss and those sellers just play the odds based upon sheer volume. I just thought maybe that these power sellers get a huge discount on shipping and that's how they can ship with tracking for a $3.00 card. I have a ton of common $1.00 to $3.00 promos but I can't list them with "free shipping" which is what, in my opinion, most buyers want unless I take the chance on getting a refund request-item not received notice from the buyer etc...