Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    is NS Lists down / hacked?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

is NS Lists down / hacked?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted
when i click on any link, this is what i am getting:

਀㰀栀琀洀氀㸀㰀栀攀愀搀㸀㰀琀椀琀氀攀㸀䨀攀昀昀 䄀氀氀攀渀搀攀爀✀猀 䠀漀甀猀攀 漀昀 䌀栀攀挀欀氀椀猀琀猀℀ 䄀氀氀 䰀椀猀琀猀㰀⼀琀椀琀氀攀㸀 ਀㰀洀攀琀愀 渀愀洀攀㴀∀欀攀礀眀漀爀搀猀∀ 挀漀渀琀攀渀琀㴀∀樀愀栀漀挀Ⰰ 䌀栀攀挀欀氀椀猀琀猀Ⰰ 䄀氀氀攀渀搀攀爀Ⰰ 䠀漀甀猀攀Ⰰ 䬀渀甀挀欀氀攀 䈀甀猀琀攀爀猀Ⰰ 一漀渀ⴀ匀瀀漀爀琀猀 䌀愀爀搀猀Ⰰ 挀漀氀氀攀挀琀椀戀氀攀猀Ⰰ 渀漀渀ⴀ猀瀀漀爀琀 挀愀爀搀猀Ⰰ 挀漀氀氀攀挀琀椀渀最Ⰰ 昀愀渀琀愀猀礀 愀爀琀Ⰰ 瀀椀渀甀瀀Ⰰ 挀漀洀椀挀 愀爀琀Ⰰ 挀愀爀琀漀漀渀Ⰰ 挀漀洀椀挀猀Ⰰ 䐀䌀Ⰰ 䴀愀爀瘀攀氀Ⰰ 圀椀氀搀猀琀漀爀洀Ⰰ 䐀椀猀渀攀礀Ⰰ 猀挀椀攀渀挀攀 昀椀挀琀椀漀渀Ⰰ 栀漀爀爀漀爀Ⰰ 琀爀愀搀椀渀最 挀愀爀搀猀Ⰰ 匀欀礀戀漀砀Ⰰ 䘀氀攀攀爀Ⰰ 䤀洀瀀攀氀Ⰰ 吀漀瀀瀀猀Ⰰ 倀愀挀椀昀椀挀Ⰰ 䤀渀欀眀漀爀欀猀Ⰰ 䐀攀挀椀瀀栀攀爀Ⰰ 洀漀瘀椀攀猀Ⰰ 琀攀氀攀瘀椀猀椀漀渀Ⰰ 䨀愀洀攀猀 䈀漀渀搀Ⰰ 䈀愀戀礀氀漀渀 㔀Ⰰ 堀ⴀ䘀椀氀攀猀Ⰰ 渀漀猀琀愀氀最椀愀Ⰰ 䌀椀瘀椀氀 圀愀爀Ⰰ 䌀䌀䜀Ⰰ 䌀漀氀氀攀挀琀椀戀氀攀 䌀愀爀搀 䜀愀洀攀猀Ⰰ 渀漀瘀攀氀琀礀Ⰰ 䜀倀䬀Ⰰ 䜀愀爀戀愀最攀 倀愀椀氀 䬀椀搀猀Ⰰ 渀愀琀甀爀攀Ⰰ 匀琀愀爀 吀爀攀欀Ⰰ 匀琀愀爀 圀愀爀猀∀㸀 ਀㰀洀攀琀愀 渀愀洀攀㴀∀搀攀猀挀爀椀瀀琀椀漀渀∀ 挀漀渀琀攀渀琀㴀∀䨀攀昀昀 䄀氀氀攀渀搀攀爀✀猀 䠀漀甀 se of Checklists, the complete list of trading cards checklists">਀ ਀㰀洀攀琀愀 渀愀洀攀㴀∀爀愀琀椀渀最∀ 挀漀渀琀攀渀琀㴀∀最攀渀攀爀愀氀∀㸀 ਀

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's working fine for me.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
It's working fine for me.

some links are now working for me - try the "List of All Checklists" link

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just tried to click on other links to specific (Star Wars) sets from Google and I'm getting all Chinese.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
you can still get to the checklists. i used the "Garbage Pail Kids" link and that works

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, something definitely is not right. Some links work, some say "broken", and others are all in Chinese.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
Harris - please feel free to delete / edit my initial post. unfortunately, i do not read (what appears to be) chinese, so i cannot be 100% it is not offensive. i just posted it to show what i was seeing.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Oh geez, I see that too. I sent Jeff a note, just in case no one else has.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if some hacker thought NS stood for national security rather than non sport Confused ?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears to be fine now thank goodness. What would we do without Jeff's site? Angel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Jeff was able to get this fixed tonight. Glad everyone here posted about it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope you'll forgive me for focusing on fixing instead of chatting. Wink

My regular computer is down, so I had to make do with an alternate connection. It seems the file-transfer program insisted on modifying files that looked perfectly great when I tested them on the desktop. Maybe we'll never know what the software *thought* I wanted.

Note to self: Don't ever try to use Office 2010 or later or Notepad to modify text files the way you want to.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I wonder if some hacker thought NS stood for national security rather than non sport Confused ?

That's painful, because I now have "help" in protecting my identity from five different breaches of personal data from Federal and State government. (I hope the hackers are sufficiently bored by reading my background investigation files.)

As to NS, I was perturbed when somebody registered "nslist.com" and offered content based on its "Naughty Sites List" mission. Content was definitely not-suitable-for-work. Thankfully it disappeared in 2008.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
glad you got it fixed!!

Picture of BGH
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the same way with whitehouse.gov and whitehouse.com. DO NOT go to whitehouse.com. That is why a lot of people buy the big three domains doodah.com, doodah.net, doodah.org and slave the other two to the main one. That way you don't have anyone ride your site recognition and present inappropriate content. The same goes for similar spellings. You whould be surprised how many lookalike domains like you mentioned above are also locked down sothat doesn't happen.

Posts: 52 | Location: KY | Registered: May 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post