Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GEM MINT 10 HARD PLASTIC HOLDERS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GEM MINT 10 HARD PLASTIC HOLDERS
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the card out of these,allrightforsomebutnotforme,hard plastic card prisons ? or are they suppose to be in there for life,i bought 2 cards that came in these (and i knew what i was getting into) but i thought i'ed be able to take it out,but as of yet been unable to solve the puzzle,whats the deal with these pks anyway ? if all cards came in them there'ed be no room left,so without going ourt to find a buzz saw does anyone know the trick or where the release button is ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Depends on the type/brand. . .

The ones I wound up with had a ridge around the edge, I just snapped the ridge off with a pair of pliers and was good to go. . . it was nerve wracking though.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
There is no release mechanism. These were made to encapsulate the card forever.

I've heard various stories, and Jon is right that it matters whose holder as some are better than others.

Good luck, and take your time. It would be a shame to ruin a good card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did it,I took my gem mt 10 hard pack to work and put it under a guillotine,it was a bit of a struggle (don't try it at home kids)but now my card is ready to go in a 9 pocket pack Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
what was the card? could you have sold the gem mint 10 to someone willing to pay a premium for it, then used the money to buy a cheaper non graded version, and have some cash left over? i have done this many times with sports cards.

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Glen,now you tell me, Wink it was a Danica Patrick,the only other versions of the card I see on ebay are also in the gem prison packs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
thats too bad - i just remember when i used to collect drew bledsoe cards - i would be able to pick up his sp authentic rookies graded at a decent price at local shows, sell them online, and then go buy 2-3 of them locally ungraded. all for the price of the one graded one

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post