Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are there going to be any Contests here ever?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there going to be any Contests here ever?
 Login/Join

posted
I have backread some threads about Contests where people can win stuff. Are they going to do that again ever? Can I suggest maybe Star Wars trivia or something?

Posts: 45 | Location: north carolina | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
lisalisa~ Most of our contests are done on Facebook these days. We always post about them here on the forum when we do them.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Not everybody is on Facebook. Contests related to this site should be on this site. I rarely enter contests myself, but if I did want to enter, I wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of setting up a Facebook or Twitter account just to do so. Something to consider.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Since there's millions of people signed up on Facebook, it's probably their way to get traffic by having the contest over there.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Harris would not object if anyone wanted to do a contest them selves on the board and put up a prize, just clear it with him first.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I used to run the contests here a long time ago. I still have the title Contest Czar under my name here.
It is a small community and no matter what happened, there were always some that always entered and never won and few who always entered and happened to win more than once. So, there would be people accusing cardtalk or me of "rigging" the games every time. So, it became so frustrating that I resigned.
I am sure Harris would love to hear ideas if anyone wanted to do a contest.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I am sure Harris would love to hear ideas if anyone wanted to do a contest.

That's true!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Not everybody is on Facebook. Contests related to this site should be on this site. I rarely enter contests myself, but if I did want to enter, I wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of setting up a Facebook or Twitter account just to do so. Something to consider.

No ideas, except that I happen to think that anything offered for free should not be complained about.

But I do agree with Obi. Social media is not the be all and end all and a lot of people, me included, have good reason to stay away.

Anyone following NSU or Card Talk on Facebook should certainly be reading Card Talk. Offering any contests here might even generate new members, forget about Friends. Wink

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Facebook like anything has pros and cons. I think more cons than anything. But it is a good way I suppose to pick up new members. I dont use it much myself. I find they tend to try to fix things that arent broken all to often.

Posts: 45 | Location: north carolina | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
There were a couple of contests on here recently, but I do not look at this site for competitions as it is for talking about Non-Sport cards not a site for contests.

Contests are a occasional bonus that's all

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
This might have been mentioned but the only contest on HERE I recall was a sketch card contest a while back?

I have NSU on facebook but I don't pay much attention to online contests to be honest.

Nice thought though.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
You didn't see this one then? But as I said before this isn't a competition forum any competition is a nice bonus.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....4605353/m/3097093226

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Hammer,
Thanks for mentioning our contests. We also did another with Harris right after that one.
We are always planning something interesting. Keep looking! more to come...

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate contests because I never win!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I hate contests because I never win!

Shake Head Same here. If I had won something for all the times I didnt win something Id be rich!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the qualifications are for donating a prize for a contest, but I'd be happy to give a sketch card or autograph from our store.

Posts: 6 | Location: Innisfil, ON | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post