Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    1992 Bone - holochrome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1992 Bone - holochrome
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted
I know this was a Chromium set;
but I've seen "refractor" sets (a fancier version of chrome).

Were refractors 1 per box, and someone made the set; or was the set an "online exclusive" or something?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Well, if it's the Bone Series 2 All-Chrome set (1995), then Comic Images probably stuck with their formula from that time and did refractor parallels that were usually 1 per box I think. Judging by the checklist on Allender's site, it's similar inserts like they used in the Shi set, and others around that time.

I don't remember seeing any factory sets done of these as refractor sets or anything.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hope it's worth what i paid ...

... still trying to figure out if it was hand-collated from dozens of boxes, or a premium purchase ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I opened a lot of boxes and they seemed to be mixed randomly in with other cards. Always got a 'few' per box of chrome cards.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently several dealers pooled together holochromes they got from boxes they busted and made holochrome sets. But, I don't if that was a story to hide the truth. Maybe Comic Images sold some sets to the best dealers?

It happened with Bone 2, Best of Boris, Best of Olivia, Best of Royo and I don't remember what else in 1995. I was able to get those complete sets back then.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good answer, thanks.

So at least it wasn't publically sold as a Premium Purchase (already assembled).

@Sketchcards on Twitter