Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Movie Trading Cards ..why no sets for these ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Movie Trading Cards ..why no sets for these ?
 Login/Join

Picture of Stargaterules
posted
My question is why doesn't Disney movies really come out with trading cards ? Such as Pirates , Tron , Prince of Pershia . I think any of those sets would have done well on the market . Is it a Disney thing ? Also when i have this thread going wrong section of the forums for this part but any news on a Prince of Pershia 2 ? I loved that movie lol .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, Topps had the license for Pirates, but abandoned the set when the lead actors wouldn't sign autos.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Topps and Upper Deck seem to be the goto people for Disney on card sets. I really don't understand why they dont do card sets form most of their movies. Pirates, Tron and others would make great sets. They do put out some promo cards for movies from time to time, but I would think that these cards sets would sell just as well as Hanna Montana or High School Musical, or any of the other teeny bopper card sets they have done.

Years ago Upper Deck did some wonderful sets for the animated films and the Disneyland park. I would love to see some of these made again. Auto's or not I think movie sets need to be made. Target and Wal-Mart will carry them if you make them.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys might be interested in this recent discussion about the lack of a trading card set for the new X-Men movie.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....353/m/4227063206/p/1

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post