Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    DIE ANOTHER DAY, BOND HAS FAILED.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIE ANOTHER DAY, BOND HAS FAILED.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I wonder if it makes a difference if the cards are penny sleeved prior to being placed in the binder page. This has got me a bit worried now as I like to store my sketch cards in binder pages. I would assume that the medium used for those are more sensitive than standard cards. What do you think? Should I take them all out and move to top loaders?

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
I wonder if it makes a difference if the cards are penny sleeved prior to being placed in the binder page. This has got me a bit worried now as I like to store my sketch cards in binder pages. I would assume that the medium used for those are more sensitive than standard cards. What do you think? Should I take them all out and move to top loaders?

My Die Another Day star cards have been in penny/soft sleeves since 2002 and that has not stopped them deteriorating. I think the problem is just an anomaly specific to the way these cards were manufactured.

I have not seen anything similar happen to any other cards stored the same way over many years, so I would not worry unnecessarily about ultra pro products.

Who can say how sketches will hold up over the years? I would think any 'damage' would be less dependent on the page/sleeves and more to do with the medium (would the paint stick for example?), but you'd have to ask the artists for that info, and even then they may not know.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Another non-sport casualty... Friday the 13th: Jason goes to Hell made by Eclipse in the 90s.
The card fronts got all funky - LOL

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post