Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
DIE ANOTHER DAY, BOND HAS FAILED.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6177036586

March 07, 2017, 05:52 PM
Booker
DIE ANOTHER DAY, BOND HAS FAILED.
I wonder if it makes a difference if the cards are penny sleeved prior to being placed in the binder page. This has got me a bit worried now as I like to store my sketch cards in binder pages. I would assume that the medium used for those are more sensitive than standard cards. What do you think? Should I take them all out and move to top loaders?
March 10, 2017, 06:51 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
I wonder if it makes a difference if the cards are penny sleeved prior to being placed in the binder page. This has got me a bit worried now as I like to store my sketch cards in binder pages. I would assume that the medium used for those are more sensitive than standard cards. What do you think? Should I take them all out and move to top loaders?

My Die Another Day star cards have been in penny/soft sleeves since 2002 and that has not stopped them deteriorating. I think the problem is just an anomaly specific to the way these cards were manufactured.

I have not seen anything similar happen to any other cards stored the same way over many years, so I would not worry unnecessarily about ultra pro products.

Who can say how sketches will hold up over the years? I would think any 'damage' would be less dependent on the page/sleeves and more to do with the medium (would the paint stick for example?), but you'd have to ask the artists for that info, and even then they may not know.
March 11, 2017, 06:47 PM
BILLZEE
Another non-sport casualty... Friday the 13th: Jason goes to Hell made by Eclipse in the 90s.
The card fronts got all funky - LOL