Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    To sell trade or open?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To sell trade or open?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted
Question...

I have been holding onto 2 sealed boxes of cards since the Philly show. I'm a huge Xena fan and got a box of Xena: Beauty and Brawn, and Xena Quotable. But the question is, do I open them? I've got a huge Xena collection and really don't need any of the cards in those boxes, unless they are some variant that I don't have (very unlikely).

So should I try selling them on the bay? Or just open them for fun? Or hold onto them longer? Which will be very hard - a sealed box in my house doesn't last very long. Maybe trade them? I just don't know.

What would you do?

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
come up w a value for it .. then trd for what u need/want

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I would trade or open for the fun.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I was leaning towards trading or opening for fun because I'm sick of the bay. Not liking it anymore, too many fees. Anyway, I'll have to post and see if anyone is interested in trading for it.

Thanks!

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why you even bought them if you didn't know what to do with them. The thing about Xena is that its very much over. Like you, the big fans of the show that wanted to buy the cards have them already. New non-sport card collectors want other titles. Xena as a series did not hold up well, neither did Hercules, but especially in the way they chose to end Xena.

You may as well put the boxes up for trade and see what's offered in return. In the end don't be surprised if you decide to bust the packs rather than take a poor trade.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
They were a very good price, which is why I got them.

I do have to disagree with you about how Xena held up as a series though. But this thread isn't about that, so I won't go into it. Big Grin

I'll put them up for trade, if no one bites, I'll open them. It might be fun! LOL!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:

I do have to disagree with you about how Xena held up as a series though. But this thread isn't about that, so I won't go into it. Big Grin!

Fair enough, I'm still trying to get over Buffy, so what do I know! Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@OP - can u provide info about the boxes .. what are the guaranteed hits for each? and who are the hot chases that might be in those boxes? (for those new to xena and saving google time)

lucy lawless autos are still being hunted imo

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Beauty and Brawn:

http://www.nslists.com/xenabeau.htm

Quotable:

http://www.nslists.com/xenaquot.htm

Jeff's site reigns supreme. Never Google a trading card set again. Smile

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow so many chase cards in these releases!

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post