Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    AHS Preview Cards Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AHS Preview Cards Question
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Are the American Horror Story preview cards ACTUALLY authentic autographs...OR are they pre-printed to 'preview' what the autograph cards look like? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't have any myself but pretty sure they are on card autographs. Never heard of Breygent doing pre-prints.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I have all of the preview set cards and they're definitely on-card autographs. No fascimile or pre-printed auto's were ever produced by Breygent for AHS.
(Production on AHS was unmistakenly great, but the endless amount of parallel cards and con-exclusive subreleases, each with it's own additional autograph cards, makes collecting AHS a daunting and confusing adventure)

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Don't have any myself but pretty sure they are on card autographs. Never heard of Breygent doing pre-prints.

I thought similar but with them releasing so many exclusives (eg promos) and preview sets, I didn't know if they'd tried new marketing techniques. Thanks.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
I have all of the preview set cards and they're definitely on-card autographs. No fascimile or pre-printed auto's were ever produced by Breygent for AHS.
(Production on AHS was unmistakenly great, but the endless amount of parallel cards and con-exclusive subreleases, each with it's own additional autograph cards, makes collecting AHS a daunting and confusing adventure)

Thanks for confirming, makes it easier when looking for fair prices online. Yeah it's a bit insane about the levels they went with on some chase sets and even base parallels.

Since they've ceased production of cards I take it there were no more AHS in the pipeline - for if they resume cards in the future? Thanks

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Breygent also released cards for the second season of AHS, however with a much lower production run. Perhaps interest turned out to be lower than expected. Perhaps Breygent flooded the market with too many additional exclusive sets. Perhaps it was just because the series was already some seasons further than the cards were.
Loads of assumptions and none of them based on any evidence.

That being said, Breygent did deliver some excellent quality. Too bad, they don't make cards anymore.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Yeah I agree I liked the quality of most of their sets & they did produce sets for a lot of my favorite TV shows which was great.

I can't speak for anyone else but all the variations of limited cards sets, often convention exclusives switched me off chasing a master set.

Though you can pick up most of the autographs from the set for fair prices even the high end ones. Don't think any really hit triple figures even for costume-auto combos.

You're right I think the sets came too late for the original hype and many people lost interest in the sets as time went on. Plus the hike in sealed box prices from around £35 for 1st series to £80+ for 2nd series priced a lot of people out before the series even came out.

Shame they stopped as there's autographs of later characters I would have loved to get. Perhaps someone else might pick up the licence or do a AHS complete series when the show finally wraps up.