Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Downton Abbey 1 of each type of sketch card or only 1?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abbey 1 of each type of sketch card or only 1?
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Ok, I have been slowly working on Downton Abbey and I am down to a few autographs.
I have all the base, promos, cigarette style set, foil cards costume cards and binders.
There were two types of Sketch cards in this set. A regular sized card and a cigarette sized one.
If I have a regular sized sketch card but not a cigarette size sketch card would you think I have a master set or would you still need the cigarette size sketch card to feel that it is a master?

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just one of either type of sketch card would be fine for me. If I wanted to get crazy with it I might try to get a sketch from every artist (It's a relatively small number of artists at 10 for the standard size and 4 for the small). If I didn't have the funds or the interest to do that then I'd be perfectly content with just owning one sketch of either size. So I would say your master set is complete with just the regular size. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't really care about getting master sets and don't try for them. However if you are just soliciting opinions on what different collectors would still consider a master, I would say that a cigarette size sketch would be needed, as well as that regular sized one.

Posts: 10415 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I don't collect master sets but a true master set should have one of each available card to really be considered complete.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I think I'd vote for one big and one small.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have added the cigarette style sketch card to my want list. Since I am down to the four autos, I knew that I would slightly incomplete with a cigarette style sketch card. I just wanted to see what others would do. Thanks!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post