Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Brady Bunch / Parks and Recreations Boxes - Any still avaliable

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6057058396

July 08, 2020, 02:45 PM
AWR
Brady Bunch / Parks and Recreations Boxes - Any still avaliable
There were only 500 boxes of the Complete Brady Bunch produced, and probably the same amount of Parks and Recreations. Have not seen any show up for sale in a while. Wondering if there are any more that exist and have not been opened.

For any set, how can one tell when the number of boxes produced and available eventually run out? Eventually they will all be sold and opened (or kept sealed as part of a collectors collection).
July 08, 2020, 03:14 PM
Raven
Well you can never really know, but you see when the available supply of sealed boxes dries up on eBay and dealer inquiries come up empty. If the supply was very limited, it also means that even a modest interest probably put them in the hands of collectors, which could have happened with the Brady Bunch because it had a certain following. On the other hand, it is also possible that a sizable number may be stored somewhere.

For Parks and Recreations I would say it was a bit different because there were at least a couple of higher valued autograph cards in there. Boxes might be broken by fans of the show, but they were also broken by people just looking for a good hit.

When there are no really good hits in a box, you can expect that sealed boxes may be lying around collecting dust, even though they may be short printed. But when there is perceived to be a hidden prize, boxes are either broken immediately or only a small number get held back sealed for awhile to take advantage of the possibility, however remote, of pulling that one card. Can you still find sealed Dark Angel boxes even though they are long not available? Yes, there are still some that come up, but its risky business with bad odds.
July 08, 2020, 03:57 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I would imagine there were many, many more boxes of Parks and Rec. Those boxes were in clearance sales of online card retailers for around $30 each for what seemed like years until they dried up.
July 17, 2020, 10:54 AM
make-mine-marvel
"When there are no really good hits in a box, you can expect that sealed boxes may be lying around collecting dust ..."

I'll agree with this. I recently found out that Dynamic Forces has an "archive warehouse" and was able to buy boxes of a 15-year-old product.

But other products are broken/opened so much you can't find a single box even a year later (unless it's for a mega-premium price).

The good news is that almost all Parks and Rec singles are available on the secondary market, so you can build a set even if you can't break a box.

@Sketchcards on Twitter
May 09, 2023, 11:25 AM
AWR
After searching for a long time, I see a complete Brady Bunch Sealed Box from RittenHouse for sale. Includes 5 autos as well as cards from each episode. Torn as I would really like to pick this up, but funds are just not available at this time.

Will add it to my watch list and check back in a while (After the upcoming Philly Non-Sports show in a few weeks)