Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    would you get rid of your collection to get a morgage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you get rid of your collection to get a morgage
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Well done Colin!

That's great news !!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well done Charmedmad Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That's incredible! You've inspired me to sell bits of my small collection that I'm not as interested in to pay down my credit. I can't hit the numbers you have, but every little bit helps!

Congrats again! Clap

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Looks like you have gotten everything you could out of your collection , loved it when you built it and possesed it, liked talking about it and trading with other fans/collectors, and when the time came to make a big step in your life, you sold it and was able to get the money needed to move up into a house...that isliterally is as good as it gets. congrats.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would providing I could find a way of avoiding fees....same goes for my comics, art, autographs, infact all of my collections.

Unfortunately I dont see a way round this for my top items. 10-20% consignment fees based on final value seem to a given.

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thankyou everyone i am really happy with what i made on the collection of whole i have spent £4000 so to make 3 times as much is wonderful. cheers

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Congrats charmedmad,that's a great return on £4000 spent,good luck in your new home.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Colin - That's absolutely awesome. Well done! As Raider5gt said - Good Luck in your new home.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charmedmad:
thankyou everyone i am really happy with what i made on the collection of whole i have spent £4000 so to make 3 times as much is wonderful. cheers

That's awesome Colin! Congrats!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
well i have just booked the igning of the contracts on the 10th of april which just happens to be my birthday as well. so lets keep my fingers crossed that the morgage cos before then .

and thank you to everyone tthat has supported me throught this and wished me luck and helped by bidding or winning caards. thank you. next thursday watch this space as well as the last of my cards go then so will give yo0u the grand total that we managed to raise.

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow that's good charmedmad Smile
I am impressed Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
right everything has been sold apart from 5 things a mini master set and 4 cards wehich sold but the seller no longer registard on ebay. well here is the grand total on a £3650 spend. the total is 14.407.78 so thats a profit of 10.757.78.

i would like to kindly thank every singel person that has bidded on my items or purchesed my items of nsu. our morgage should be throught this week and we are set to move into our house still on date on the 3 of may and get the keys the 2nd of may.

this is the front the yellow house.

the front room looks bigger than the picture.

the dining room looks bigger as well than picture.

this is kitchen compact but plenty of cupboards

and the garden is hugh

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats colin! Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thankyou

posted Hide Post
New here so catching up on threads - think I just won a couple of cards from you on eBay (Jolie TR auto and a Lost Henry Gale). Congrats on the house! Nice looking place.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thats me kris will be posting your cards 2pm today as you asked so should get them tomorrow and thank you very much will update the pictures when we move in and make it homely.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
and welcome to nsu kris.

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Well done on the house: I'm made up for you. I hope you're very happy there. I'm a sucker for a happy ending!!! Metal

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new house Smile
Well done Smile

KADRAN00157

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thank you very much. it wasnt looking to be a happy ending as the morgage was cancled after been accepted but we have got it reinstated and the signing of the contracts is on friday i am starting to get excited now 18 days till we get the keys