Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    would you get rid of your collection to get a morgage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you get rid of your collection to get a morgage
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i want to give a hugh thank you to everyone on nsu that has bidded or even won something

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Hi Colin, well done on your total so far! I've got a question though - now your 'on a roll' with the seeling do you think you would hang onto certain autos or just let the lot go to hit some even bigger figures?

I must admit your recent antics have had me pondering what to do with my card collection...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
I agree X! I started selling some items a couple of days ago because I'm been tempted by the money. I'm going travelling around the world in May, so my cards would just be sat at home anyway!

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Colin, well done on your total so far! I've got a question though - now your 'on a roll' with the seeling do you think you would hang onto certain autos or just let the lot go to hit some even bigger figures?

I must admit your recent antics have had me pondering what to do with my card collection...

to this the question is which i could of given at the beginning we are keeping the cards we really want. we are no longer collecting pieceworks but we will be going for the autos we want.

i have kept 1 auto back from harry potter which is the fat lady
and we have kept some autos back from but charmed and angel and lost that we really wanted but everything else will go eventually.

we will keep collecting cards that we want like i want a johnny depp auto and chris wants sam and deans auto from supernatural.

there is a few other i want as well.

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
YAY!
Go Dawn French! Big Grin

"No it's MY Chocolate Orange!" Razz

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
YAY!
Go Dawn French! Big Grin

"No it's MY Chocolate Orange!" Razz

Have you been hitting the Godiva liquor? Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
maybe Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I was saving my collection to pay for the cancer... or whatever other grim disease awaits me in my golden years. That's assuming of course I live long enough to look forward to those wonderful little surprises retirement has to offer. Maybe instead of a personal health account, the government should provide a personal card account? It would mean there was finally a candidate I could vote for!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Colin
Congrats on your home purchase. Good luck with it all Thumb Up
I've been in the same house 16 years and I'm afraid to move since so much stuff is crammed into every corner Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thank you very much i been in this poxy flat for 4 years and got alot really in it but when i get in the house i know its going to look like i really dont have anything.

posted Hide Post
Id just sell the kids and the wife and keep the cards.......ok just kidding. I think priorities such as housing and your future come first. That said keep one or two cards that are important to you and sell the rest.

Posts: 133 | Location: colorado | Registered: October 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
Wow nice one!

Im thinking of selling my cards very soon, just keeping the ones i like, Buffy/Stargate and the odd single set Roswell/Sleepy Hollow.

Moving out and would be nice to get rid of them, send them to a nice home Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Colin..... how would you recommend selling base sets and binders?
i have a bunch of charmed cards, really want to downsize and make some money for a holiday..... any ideas people?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
quote:
i have a bunch of charmed cards, really want to downsize and make some money for a holiday..... any ideas people?

well i tried selling the charmed base sets seperate but one season one and power of three make anything the others dont really sell so i am going to be selling mine with the binders as a mini master set.

but thats what i am doing others might do something different but the base sets make nothing really

sent you a email chris

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

When breaking up master sets I always sell the binder, base set and low end chase cards as a minimaster. It is surprising the number of these that have gone to international bidders, which is much better than separate sales of binders or base sets that really only go to local bidders due to shipping costs. I probably get a little less than I might if I managed to sell each part individually, but the chance of selling them is much higher.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hmm good idea.
I am thinking of selling Charmed cards. I've got a load of PW cards and loads of chase.

I would be willing to trade before i hit evil-bay!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i would be will to trade my angeline for a johnny depp auto

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
made another £2400 last night with one card left to go tonight so might have another £50 so that takes our deposie upto £9000 cheers everyone that bidded and congrats star mystik for winning some cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
we have now raised over £11000 so thankyou everyone only 5 sets left to get rid of and we are done and 4 weeks and 5 days till we get our keys.

posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the house Thumb Up

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post