Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sin_baad:
Found these at Flea Market Also

4 cards numbers 1 of 4 thru 4 of 4
Planet of the Apes, Blockbuster, Coke and Fox
Right hand side perforation
Say on DVD/Video

Looking for Info
Are these part of a set (like promos)
Are they a set themselves?
Who made them and when?

You looked in the Encyclopedia, but your library needs to hold the entire collection. Razz

From the Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide: (Waytago, Todd!)

Planet of the Apes (2001) 20th Century Fox. 4-card set; given out at Blockbuster Video stores with the purchase of a 2-liter Coca-Cola; photos; each card is 9.5 x 3.5, with a hole at one end to go over a soda bottle; the card image is a standard size card, with a perforated edge.

.. 1 of 4 "Ari"
.. 2 of 4 "Attar"
.. 3 of 4 "Limbo"
.. 4 of 4 "Thade"

So you got the card after it was stripped from the rest of the promotional material.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Looking for the id of this character. At first I thought Angel because I wondered if those were wings from behind the shoulders but it looks like there is a letter on the belt other than an X!

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
That is Sentry, currently a member of the Avengers.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That card of Ari looks like Michael Jackson.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me who the artist is on this sketch?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's got to be Chris Gutierrez. I haven't seen his signatures on other artwork, but I've verified every _other_ artist reported for this set and haven't seen any artists who weren't on the list. Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
It's got to be Chris Gutierrez. I haven't seen his signatures on other artwork, but I've verified every _other_ artist reported for this set and haven't seen any artists who weren't on the list. Wink

I think you may be right. Smile Thanks! The signature actually looks like it might say "Chris", I was searching through all of the sketches listed on eBay, and he was one of the ones who I didn't see listed. I'm still going to email RA to make sure, but I think I know what they are going to say.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And I see from your auction listing that RA confirmed we were concluding right!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
And I see from your auction listing that RA confirmed we were concluding right!

Yep!

posted Hide Post
Hi All Smile

Cracked a box of Indiana Jones Heritage cards and pulled the below sketch. Pretty new to the sketch scene so was hoping someone could tell me who the artist was? There's a sig at the bottom right but I can't make heads nor tails of it...

Here's the sketch:

[img=http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1549/scan0003mte.jpg]

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Its Jeff Chandler.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow, many thanks for the speedy response! Much appreciated Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box of Terminator Salvation and pulled this sketch, but not sure who the artist is. The link will take you to the scan. Thanks for any help.

[URL=[][URL=http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=terminatorsalvationy.jpg][

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
I just opened a box of Terminator Salvation and pulled this sketch, but not sure who the artist is. The link will take you to the scan. Thanks for any help.

[URL=[][URL=http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=terminatorsalvationy.jpg][

The artist is Robert Teranishi.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much.
You rock Metal

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Smile

Anyone help identify the artist for me? Sig on the back's just a scribble:

Tahsnks Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me what set this is from? All I have is a scan of the card so I can't look at the back. I thought it was from Civil War News but it's not. Thanks

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Chris, looks like one of Topps Scoops set, from 1954 (I think that's the year).

Not a very accurate painting - nobody from Ft Sumter was killed in the battle (the only fatality was when the fort's commander wanted to fire a salute to the flag when it was lowered, and a gun exploded, killing the first man to die in the Civil War.) Also, Ft. Sumter is on an island, so it is doubtful the Southern officer would ride his horse into the fort. Finally, the Confederate flag shown in the picture was not adopted at the time of the battle. Despite the inaccuracies, the Scoops set is kind of neat, it's a nice looking card

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Chris, looks like one of Topps Scoops set, from 1954 (I think that's the year).

Not a very accurate painting - nobody from Ft Sumter was killed in the battle (the only fatality was when the fort's commander wanted to fire a salute to the flag when it was lowered, and a gun exploded, killing the first man to die in the Civil War.) Also, Ft. Sumter is on an island, so it is doubtful the Southern officer would ride his horse into the fort. Finally, the Confederate flag shown in the picture was not adopted at the time of the battle. Despite the inaccuracies, the Scoops set is kind of neat, it's a nice looking card

That's it. It's card #99
Thanks.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been working on Star War cards and have one that is confusing me. The front of the card says Star Wars Galaxy and has a artwork of the Death Star being built. The back says The Design of the Star Wars, with text about the Death Star. But in the bottom left corner is a black figure of Darth Vader with a 0 in it. Looking at Jeff's check list it says a promo of "0 (Ken Steacy artwork, image from card 125)" but the image is not what is on card 125 but are card 26. Can anyone let me know if this is an error on Jeff's list, a card error, a different set or what. Thanks

Posts: 7 | Location: Sun Prairie, WI | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post