Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have a sketch card from Marvel Masterpieces 2, signature looks like a cursive - DSL. L has line in it, like a European 7. Sketch is of the torch with a slight amount of color. Wondering who the artist is. Looked at all the L's on Allendar's list already. Thanks!

Posts: 56 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only one I know that comes close to your description is Dietrich Smith (thanks, Ed!):

If so, I think the S-then-L-with-line is really a quick representation of Smith with the line crossing the 't' ... I've seen a couple of others where it does look more like an L with a line.

(Oh, and by the way, to help push my google results into the multiple dozens, I point out that it's spelled 'Allender'. I let it slide last time because you're a neighbor. Wave )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!! Smile

Posts: 56 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was that the right artist, or should we keep thinking? Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Matthe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Folks, I have one more card for identification. I scanned both the back and the front.

Front

Back

Any help will be great and if any one knows what something like this is going for please let me know as well
Thanks everyone.

I got 7 of them.
I have the same card as yours with the text 'Commemorating 30 years of Star Trek september 1996' printed in black on the front, limited to 3613. It is a series of 11: 23 Karat Gold Foil Cards. (included with and without the black text). Somebody sent me this link for more info: http://www.jklm.net/atn/scoreb.html

Matthé

Posts: 16 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Kinda looks like Cable from X-Men.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
I beleive that may be Cable.

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of politocj
posted Hide Post
Can anyone identiy the artist on this Dazzler card from X-men Archives

Thanks.

Posts: 21 | Location: louisiana | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't even need the signature--based on the way she draws faces it is without a doubt Kristin Allen.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what card is this?
what set is it from? It looks like its from sandman or vertigo Confused

any important information about this card would be great

Is it rare?
What is the book value?

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
The character is Hellshock, the artist is Jae Lee and I think it is a card from the Creators Universe serie. (..If it's numbered SG1 Smile)

BTW: I have no idea of the value.

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It is THE CREATORS UNIVERSE. I have the same card, numbered 586/10,000.
If there are 10,000 of them, they can't be worth much.

I also have a redeemed (hole punch) card for this, which states "CONGRATULATIONS! You have just found 1 of 10,000 Jae Lee Hellshock (tm) Redemption Cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
1 of 10,000 lol.....thats ALOT of signing..

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
I just opened my Marvel 70 Years box # 7449 and this is what I pulled.
Puck by Daniel Ocompa
http://i956.photobucket.com/al...arvel70YearsPuck.jpg
Daredevil is the one I'm not too sure about.
http://i956.photobucket.com/al...70YearsDaredevil.jpg
Please help!
And might I say, finding 2 sketch cards in one box was awesome Clap Dance

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Pulled this card from my Marvel 70th box and I'm unsure of the character but I'm pretty sure it's by Joe Rubinstein.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a WOMEN OF MARVEL sketch that looks exactly like that Rubinstein sketch, except the background is red instead of blue.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Looks like Karma from the New Mutants team.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
One Fantastic Four Sketch card, not sure who the artist is. Any help please?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
That mole man is by Claude St Aubin. One of his nicer cards!

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know/guess at the artist?

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post